• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Restaurant manager fired after refusing to serve customer wearing MAGA hat

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Restaurant manager fired after refusing to serve customer wearing MAGA hat
Kathleen Joyce By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...using-to-serve-customer-wearing-maga-hat.html

A restaurant manager was fired after he told a customer wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat to remove it or he would refuse to serve him.

The manager of a popular restaurant in Vancouver, Canada, was fired after he told a customer to remove his “Make America Great Again” cap or he would refuse to serve him.

Darin Hodge, the former manager of the Teahouse in Stanley Park, told Global News he stood by his decision to ask the man to take off the cap saying the hat represented “racism, bigotry, Islamophobia, misogyny, white supremacy, (and) homophobia.”

“As a person with a strong moral backbone, I had to take a stand against this guest’s choice of headwear while in my former place of work. Absolutely no regrets,” he said in a written statement to Global News.

The hats were made popular during Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

Eva Gates, of the Sequoia Group which owns the Stanley Park Tea House, confirmed to Global News that the incident happened on Tuesday.

“A gentleman came in wearing a hat that was a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat, and our manager went up to the gentleman and asked him to take off his hat, that he wouldn’t serve him with that hat on,” she said.

“And the gentleman said that he had a right to wear that hat. And [the manager] refused to serve him if he wouldn’t take off his hat, and so the customer had to leave,” she continued.

The company called Hodge a “good person with a big heart and a right to his personal beliefs,” but he was terminated for “violating the company’s philosophy of tolerance.”

The staff told CBC News that Hodge was employed with the restaurant for about 18 months.

Last week, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders and her family were booted from the Red Hen in Lexington, Va., after the owner of the establishment told her to leave because she worked for President Trump.

“Her actions say far more about her than about me,” she tweeted. “I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so.”

Kathleen Joyce is a breaking/trending news producer for FoxNews.com. You can follow her at @Kathleen_Joyce8 on Twitter.

Attachments

• AC107B0C-64E2-465F-8EDD-7388AC08B000.jpg
    AC107B0C-64E2-465F-8EDD-7388AC08B000.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 059750D8-1BB0-4D05-824B-111F4A52601B.jpeg
    059750D8-1BB0-4D05-824B-111F4A52601B.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 27

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
he stood by his decision to ask the man to take off the cap saying the hat represented “racism, bigotry, Islamophobia, misogyny, white supremacy, (and) homophobia.”

Something tells me he wouldn’t be able to have a civil discussion with a conservative about anything! :hammer:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I never ever wear any of my pro Trump regalia when we eat out. I have an aversion to body fluids from the cook / wait staff in my food.

Never, ever trust a liberal. Never.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I never ever wear any of my pro Trump regalia when we eat out. I have an aversion to body fluids from the cook / wait staff in my food.

Never, ever trust a liberal. Never.

Keeping a low profile is wise in this day and age.

Only display I have is my “Farming since 1607” Virginia licence plate and I’m sure there are places that would get me into trouble! :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Keeping a low profile is wise in this day and age.

Only display I have is my “Farming since 1607” Virginia licence plate and I’m sure there are places that would get me into trouble! :yum:

Oh, I've been known on more then a few occasions to stir a pot just to smell the shit, but not when it comes to my digestive tract. :yum::yum::yum:

rugerman

Nice to see a social justice warrior get the ax for a change, maybe it will be a lesion for other sjw folks that actions have consequences.