• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Drunk Drivers Should Be Shot On Sight

BoneheadNW

No questions asked. This woman is a case in point. Lucky that no one was seriously hurt.
Bonehead

Driver who caused I-5 shutdown pleads not guilty

By Michelle Esteban
Watch the story
TACOMA, Wash. -- On Sunday, Stephanie Bussell told a state trooper that she had "a lot to drink."

In court on Monday she was not so forthright.

The 35-year-old Tacoma woman hid her face from cameras and pleaded not guilty in Pierce County Superior Court to vehicular assault and hit-and-run charges.

Prosecutors say Bussell triggered a string of collisions that forced troopers to shut down the southbound lanes of Interstate 5 in Tacoma on Sunday. The closure backed up traffic for miles.

The first crash happened about 2:30 p.m. when Bussell allegedly side-swiped a Jeep and dragged it along a concrete median for more than 80 feet.

The Jeep rolled over with the driver and his wife still inside.

Troopers say Bussell left the scene only to cause another crash. In the second collision Bussell allegedly collided with a car, pushing it 4,000 feet down I-5 and causing a chain-reaction crash involving five cars.

Investigators say that when they finally caught up with Bussell she tried to drive off again, but her car would start.

Drivers caught behind the crashes were left idling in stopped traffic for up to five hours while troopers investigate the crashes and worked to clear the wrecked vehicles.

A judge set Bussell's bail at $10,000. Prosecutors are waiting for blood alcohol tests to come back and say they may file additional charges.

Despite all the crashes, the most serious injury was one person who fractured an ankle. Bussell was not seriously hurt.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
to be intoxicated and cause one accident is bad enough...but to then drive off and cause more havoc is just proving you have no respect for human life.

shot on sight has to be the first option....but failing that take away their driving rights for life....that's after a good long spell doing hard time in jail.

thank god there were no lives taken that day.

kimi.:batterUp:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
When I was in graduate school I had a nifty little sports car. The car was probably worth about $8000 (those were 1982 dollars) and I had it parked, on a residental side road, in front of a church. A drunk woman, without insurance hit the back of my car so hard that she pushed it about 40' forward, off the side of the road into a HUGE tree. The front right headlight was push back behind the front right wheel. The glass rear hatchback went THROUGH the driver/passenger seats shredding them and crashed into the dashboard. Every piece of sheet metal was dented/damaged/crushed except for the sunroof . . . which was open at the time and just popped up. SHE HAD NO INSURANCE.

My insurance company decided to repair the car. It was worse than expected and cost $12,000 to repair a car that was worth about $8000.

The lady was a 3rd or 4th time offender. She didn't even get a ticket. She checked herself into alcohol re-hab at Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, IN and, back in those days, that was "good enough" for the court system.

I HATE DRUNK DRIVERS

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I would be fine if alcohol was eliminated 100%. No one needs it. It does FAR more harm than good.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I would be fine if alcohol was eliminated 100%. No one needs it. It does FAR more harm than good.

Spoken like a truly reformed alcoholic. I can remember when you had a few too many and posted on this website. Seems like is was only last month... :yum:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter

While personally I totally agree with this, having not had a drink in over 30 years, I dont think taking it away totally would be fair to those that RESPECT it and can use it while also maintaining BRAIN function and not drive or do anything to cause harm to others. Same thing applies with guns, tobbaco, drugs (although they are illegal), and just about any other "thing" in society. People need to learn how to use a product correctly and respect others in the use of it.

On the edge of the coin though, those that do not have this mentality and misuse and harm others, should be dealt with severely. Not sure what country it is, but somewhere you CAN be shot for being drunk in public..............and they think our laws suck

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
China?????? They execute people for lesser offenses....... :weneedpic

I read what I mentioned once in day court, in the reception room. Little placard on the desk reminding those paying drunk driving fines......Lots of countries frown on drunk driving

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just curious, but is .26 BAC something that would allow you to even stand up? It might make you sing better, but I can't even imagine being that drunk!

dzalphakilo

Banned
Just curious, but is .26 BAC something that would allow you to even stand up? It might make you sing better, but I can't even imagine being that drunk!

Bob, it can be done.

I have mentioned before that I am an alcoholic. I'm not overly proud of that, but it is a fact. Some people who know me now have no clue as to what I was once like in the past.

I also didn't kill anyone driving, thank god. I have however rolled a V.W Golf four times down an embankment with two scuba tanks in the back seat that put a hole in the roof from the impact from the tanks bouncing around. The tanks were full, and needless to say they did not explode. I actually got home that night with no problems. When it's your time, it's your time. The stories I could tell (and there were many including a night in a Mexican jail). Not particularly proud of them, but I am amazed at how God had been looking out for me.

Yes, I can be criticized for some of the things I have done, so be it. I had issues that I couldn't deal with and I found alcohol an easy escape.

I did blow a .26 That was a story unto itself (that night, for some reason I didn't want to be pulled over) however it wasn't even at that point (or the year after) that I decided, and knew that I had an issue to deal with and that I was the only one who could deal with it.

Alcohol is a drug and most people don't seem to reconize that. Probably one of the most abused drugs in our society.

Last edited:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I can imagine being that drunk but fortunately I've never been asked to prove it! I'm not proud of what I've done earlier in my life. Needless to say I did some dumb things when I was young. I was lucky enough to not be another PONS statistic but probably should have been.

BoneheadNW

I personally transported a woman to the hospital who blew a .317. The reason I remember the number so well is because my partner and I had a bet to see who could come the closest. I guessed .25 and he guessed .32. Cost me dinner the next shift.
Bonehead