• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

sleep number bed opinions request

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Been researching them and want to see if any members have one and how well they like or if they dislike them and why. We don't want to buy and then regret it. like most everything I've found you get what you pay for but around $1500 is tops for us.
TIA,
Mike

Bamby

Had a knock off one that we purchased from Sam's. We really tried to like it for a few months bit ultimately kicked it to the wayside. If we were utilizing a king size bed maybe a few of my beefs may have been nullified but our bedrooms size pretty much restricts us to Queen size.

Ultimately we went and purchased a Zinus foam mattress from amazon for far less money and after some getting used to it, it has proved to be working out for us quite well.

I found out about them in a long extensive thread in another forum where everyone was pretty much satisfied with them especially considering their price.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Used sleep number beds for about 15 years. We had a queen for about 5 years and upgraded to a split king about 10 years ago. We're talking about upgrading again to another king with more and upgraded features.

My wife can set her firmness and I can set mine. It works out well. The sleep number saved me from a life of agony. 15 years ago I was having crippling back problems. Turned out that the mattress that we were using was 'way too firm for me but great for my wife. After switching to the sleep number the pain disappeared but the long term damage to my back had already been done. I'll never sleep on anything else. I'm a believer. It IS a helluva price to pay for what is essentially an air mattress though. It's worth it though not to be a shuffling, bent, worn out old man.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
We've had one for several years and the reviews are mixed. I miss our old waterbed - a lot - but Dragonfly Lady''s fibromyalgia means those days are over. :sad: Still, it's better than a "traditional" matress.