• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New to the Forum

barber1981

Hey everyone,

I just recently join because i have the opportunity to buy a 1963 Thiokol 601 snowcat. It was bought new by the State of North Dakota, and was used up till 2001 at which point a farmer bought it from them. I have the opportunity to buy the sled from him for the price of $5500.00. It runs, and drives well, but has a couple of small issues that any 1963 machine would have. It is structurally, and mechanically sound, and the tracks seem to be in good shape for the age as well. What do you guy's think. Also any information, or insite on this model would be greatly appreciated as well. I just want to fix it up, and play around with it mostly. I live in the foothills of Colorado so i have plenty of places to use it.

What do you think guys?

Josh

barber1981

This is the only picture i ended up taking of it, but from the looks of the tags that were on the door i'm starting to think that it may have been givin to the state of north dakota by the u.s. Air Force after it was done with service with them. Any insite on this guys?....It also has the origional trailer that goes with it as well. it is wide, and has grooves in the bed to fit the track perfectly. Seems to me that $5500.00 for all if may not be a bad price, but i don't know anything about them. I'm only 25, and have worked on car restorations alot, and wanted to try something different. Let me know what your thoughts are.

snowcat001-1.jpg

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't help you with any details on the Thikol. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Josh,
Welcome to ForumsForums.
You'll probably want to repost your questions over on the snowcat forums so you get more exposure.
I have some good friends out there in Ft Collins. Sure is a pretty area from the pics I've seen.
Enjoy the forums and post often.
Doc