• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1956 Tucker 443, HEMI

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
yes, you read that right, a HEMI in a 443, long rumor machine had a couple a notations in Tucker Inc historical docs, very little to go on, and yet, everything pointed to the fact that, Tucker Inc had built one 1956 443 with a Dodge 241 Hemi engine,

given the number of years of searching had never yielded not even one lead, I truly believed it was just another Tucker myth, UNTIL this weekend...

yes, this unicorn does exist and the Mafia has put a hit out on it.

coming soon to the pages of the forums, will be the story of this find and restoration of this amazing piece of Tucker history...

rfx

I heard of one that fell off the road in the whistler area many years ago , even saw it myself but the engine had been removed already . Located on the service road to the black tusk microwave tower.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
it is in the tucker cave and making progress on its restoration...sorry I am not much on detailing every nut and bolt encounter of the work being done, kinda going to let the finished machine speak for its self, hoping to have it ready to go for 'gathering of old grousers' 2021...

vintagebike

There were rumors a few years ago about a somewhat famous red Tucker with any even earlier V8 ... a flathead Mercury. Wonder what happened to it?:smile:

mikemikelle

From the sounds of it, you are going to be needing to recruit drivers to pull all the "Old Grousers" to Idaho. I'm just calling dibs on the Yellowstone Bus for my tractor of choice. Want to come into town in style....(it has a diesel conversion, correct?)

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
From the sounds of it, you are going to be needing to recruit drivers to pull all the "Old Grousers" to Idaho. I'm just calling dibs on the Yellowstone Bus for my tractor of choice. Want to come into town in style....(it has a diesel conversion, correct?)

which year of bus do you wish to call dibs on, TEB, GN, GR, 614, '35 Ford or 706 super white power, first three are started by cranking, good news there is a compression release