• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mid-West region cat clowder February 3-4

corby

I had a good time and met some new people. Here are some pics I took, my internet was down for a few days is why it took me so long to post. I will for sure be there next year with my machine.

Attachments

• IMG_2671 (2).JPG
    IMG_2671 (2).JPG
    85 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_2672 (2).JPG
    IMG_2672 (2).JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2673 (2).JPG
    IMG_2673 (2).JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_2674 (2).JPG
    IMG_2674 (2).JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2675 (2).JPG
    IMG_2675 (2).JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2676.JPG
    IMG_2676.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2677.JPG
    IMG_2677.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2678.JPG
    IMG_2678.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2679.JPG
    IMG_2679.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_2670.JPG
    IMG_2670.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2681.JPG
    IMG_2681.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_2688.JPG
    IMG_2688.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2687.JPG
    IMG_2687.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2686.JPG
    IMG_2686.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_2685.JPG
    IMG_2685.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2684.JPG
    IMG_2684.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_2683.JPG
    IMG_2683.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2682.JPG
    IMG_2682.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 249

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
snow trac fought gravity and won. Fat bikers were able to capitalize on the gravity of the situation.

Attachments

• bike top.jpg
    bike top.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 250

Sno-Surfer

Great coverage of this folks! Loving all the pics and videos, just fantastic!! Looks like great weather too. :wow:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow!! looks like everyone had a great time .:biggrin: I have got to say ain't no way i would run my torpedo that hard !!!!!!!:clap::clap: Someone must have squirreled away a lot of spare parts !! way to go Jinn !!!:biggrin::biggrin:

but but but DAD, but DAD, but but but,

we were racing for pink slips, you know, titles......

Last edited:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
:biggrin: I'm pretty sure if that was the case,you would have a "LOT" of snocats following you back home!! what to do with all of those "OFF" brands !!! I guess thats why i have the 160 MPH speedometer in my torpedo ! might have to find high gear,i know in 2nd it keeps up with regular 4 track tuckers.:wink:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
:biggrin: I'm pretty sure if that was the case,you would have a "LOT" of snocats following you back home!! what to do with all of those "OFF" brands !!! I guess thats why i have the 160 MPH speedometer in my torpedo ! might have to find high gear,i know in 2nd it keeps up with regular 4 track tuckers.:wink:

the trailer was fully loaded for the trip home and sending out the semi to pickup the rest of them, garage sale time, what would you like?:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Attachments

• DSC_0173.jpg
    DSC_0173.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 208

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

be careful, high gear is a place you do not want to go...:brows::brows::brows:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That 300 series looks nice. Sold!

that is a sweet looking rig.
Sean and his father restored that machine after the machine retired from grooming snowmobile trails in their home town,

ironically the first owner was our host Big Powder Horn.

I love the idea of the 300 series, but people must have been much smaller back then.

I struggle to close the door once i am in it.:sad:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
be careful, high gear is a place you do not want to go...:brows::brows::brows:

Heed that warning, the prerequisite to high gear operation is a numbing trek into the wilds of The Yoop, with out eye protection, in 6 degree weather, and I might add that throttle cables were stress tested and operation verified on the return trip.:w00t2:

I did not factor the evaporative effect of that malarkey called wind chill.

Bad ass operators don't enter *Wind Chill* into conversation.....

so be warned about that high gear thing.....

its not for the faint of heart.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
My 420,Torpedo,goes about twice as fast as my enclosed 422!! obviously there are different gear ratio differentials in the machines ! Having run open cab log skidders for many years of my life, i never worried about windchill much !:smile::smile: a beard helps also !:biggrin:

nelsoncat

Didn't realize how much fun these things are to cruise around in until this week. Our trails closed so I dropped the drag and did some Sno catting around the farm this week. Way more fun without the drag! This picture was from this afternoon, 54 degrees. Two more days of this and all our snow in central Wisconsin will be gone. Hopefully I will make it to the Clowder next year with my Tucker

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 288

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes this event is always a lot of fun. :clap:

Just wish we could do it several times per year. :sad:

But I am so glad we take the time to go and experience a run through the beautiful woods of Upper Michigan. Good for the soul.. :wink:

Snow in the Midwest has been less than spectacular this year. Even up in the UP.. Here all we have is semi frozen mud..

Regards, Kirk

so, Kirk, looks like you are going to pass on going to Colorado this winter, looks like, if I wish to play sno-cat with you, I will need to come east, going to bring out the VW powered super kitten, lets see how the snow track compares to a super kitten:whistling::brows::

kristis are welcome, if they are up for the challenge...

Attachments

• 322.jpg
    322.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 169

Red130

that is a sweet looking rig.
Sean and his father restored that machine after the machine retired from grooming snowmobile trails in their home town,

ironically the first owner was our host Big Powder Horn.

I love the idea of the 300 series, but people must have been much smaller back then.

I struggle to close the door once i am in it.:sad:

I just noticed the note about Big Powder Horn once owning that machine. Our PB130D was also once owned by BPH. That was two owners before us, which isn't that far back. They used it for maintaining snow guns.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
so, Kirk, looks like you are going to pass on going to Colorado this winter, looks like, if I wish to play sno-cat with you, I will need to come east, going to bring out the VW powered super kitten, lets see how the snow track compares to a super kitten:whistling::brows::

If I am not mistaken, You are double booked, the Midwest Clowder is the first Saturday in February, and I think someone is headed to CA that weekend.:flowers:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Yes you should come East again this year. And since it is air cooled you don't have to remember to put anti freeze in it lol. :whistling:

Bring what ever cats you want. :biggrin:

It is an interesting event, especially when your there. :flowers:

Regards, Kirk

ravcosales

If I am not mistaken, You are double booked, the Midwest Clowder is the first Saturday in February, and I think someone is headed to CA that weekend.:flowers:

Does that mean yours is the week before St. Germain's? I got an e-mail from Dave saying theirs is the 7th and 8th this year.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
well shit, I wondered about that... I will have to let Dave know that is a butt head move... (dave is the greatest rep for over the snow industry, that was sarcasm)

Our weekend is the planned around the first saturday 2/3/2018.......
(somebody has to stab prehistoric fish on the second weekend)