• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Romney's plan for America. Will it create actual jobs?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, without going into too much detail about your operation, (I believe you package product, but I'm not here to pry.) besides the hope of lower energy costs and a better tax rate, do you think Romney's plan is a good start?

I realize you cannot predict what might happen in the future, but does his plan give you hope that you will be hiring sometime in the future?

Added after edit: or that his plan will entice those companies you package for, to keep that work in the US?

We produce promotional items that go into food and cosmetic product lines. Specificaly, we encapsulate toys and gimmicks into food grade plastic wraps so they can go next to food.Or we create small samplings of new products and package them for distribution in the mail and inside existing comodity products.

A printed coloring book on a box of cereal
A single gummy bear vitiman with a coupon to buy more
A contest peice in a one lb bag of Lunch meat
A tatto in a bag of fresh cherries
A perfume sample on a handi wipe swab for a major cosmetic company.

It is extremely unlikely that anyone here in the lower 48 has not handled one of our products at some point in time. It is also unlikely that you would ever hear our name.
http://www.excaliburunlimited.com/Avalon/I-Tabs.html

As to your questions.

Energy is the key. It has been so since the invention of the wheel
It has been more so since the invention of the rail road and the automobile.

Factories, lit by Edison, ran non stop on gobs of cheap abundant power making the USA once the engine of world manufacuring, commerce and then finance.

Cheap abundant energy is the key to economic growth and is why the Chineese are opening and operating a new coal fired 10KW electric generating plant every ten days. This even as they claim to be building thousands of windmills to power their economy. And, it is why they have parked their drilling operations on our shores and currently have the Canadians ready to build them a pipeline from Alberta to Vancouver.

So it takes no brilliance to answer your question. Even a clod hopping farm boy with a public school eduction can devine what will happen when our nation stops trying to save the whole damm planet with our greenness.

Nothing wrong with our economy being green. Plenty wrong with it being controled by government burocrats.

OK rant over,,, here ya go.
I believe, if allowed to be exploited by honest market forces, that our energy reserves under ground, off shore and in the wind can power our nation's economy forward in just a few short years. Not 15, not 10, not 5,,,,, not even 3.

Within 12 months of being released, the hounds of industry will begin the process of exploiting our potentials. it is notlike anything has tobe developed or discovered. We know whta we need, we know where it is,we know how to get it,andwe have companies with themeans,the capitalm,theplans and there sources to do so.

First thing that happens, money comes out of hiding. It gets spent, right there on the local economies. All for energy resource mining and production. Want proof? Look at North Dakota. Our government doesn't have land holdings there to stop it like they did in South Dakota.

Second thing, money on the ground, in the hands of people, Cars and trucks get purchased, banks get fresh with cash and if allowed fresh with real credit,not zero interest crap no one can qualify but real consumer credit. Groceries, appliances, consumer hard goods get purchased,even new homes. Responding to 5 years of pent up demand consumption of real consumer goods soars. Powering local factories funded by money formerly hoarded away.

Third, Houses will be built. Yes realestate move again. Demand for new product is gonna explode. No one wants a thirty year old house abandoned in forclosure. Hell, no one wants a brand new house abandoned four years ago in forclosure. In Nevada, they are already dozing such houses over.

And new energy fields will be starting near where few houses now exist.

Yes,the economy will surge. Not just what the government wants to grow but all of it. When we can stop arguing over the division of our wealth and fomenting a division of our peoples, we can put our energies to creating more wealth and more communitiy. We will explode with new opportunities. And anybody willing to show up for work and be counted, will be counted when the finacial reckoning comes on payday. They will benefit,their children will benefit.

There is doubt of this possibility? Why? Have we not heard for years how the evil greedy rich corporations have hoarded their cash. By what reckless reasoning do we npresume they aren't in back rooms rubbin their greedy hands together over cigars and brandy,,,,,, making plans for it?

Government doesn't need a master plan. The simple fact of the matter is they couldn't implement it if they had one. And they wouldn't let it succeed, even if it was fail safe perfect.

The only plan Romney needs for the economy is one which, hook or crook, gets the government out of the way. Then on day two of his administration, he and Paul can sit with the new Congress and work on Medicare, Social security and the $17 trillion (by then) national debt.

As for my company, Novemeber 7th is the turning point. If Obama wins,we go up for sale. I already have the ads and E-Bay pages prepared for all our assets. I even have two potential buyers (current customers) for much of the hardcore equipment.

If Romney wins, I will hire a new girl to help me in the office. Don't laugh, ,,, I am serious as a heart attack.

I'll need her to help me handle the incoming new orders.

Last edited:

Whynot

Thank you for the reply Franc.

Call it a mistrust of Government, but they can throw out all the plans and numbers they want, I can't believe them. When I hear it from business owners such as yourself, that they are willing to hire and expand, I feel much better. I feel better because business owners are the ones who make the decisions, not government analyst.

Thanks again

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Thank you for the reply Franc.

Call it a mistrust of Government, but they can throw out all the plans and numbers they want, I can't believe them. When I hear it from business owners such as yourself, that they are willing to hire and expand, I feel much better. I feel better because business owners are the ones who make the decisions, not government analyst.

Thanks again

You are welcome. Just remember, what I posted is OPINION.

Some here have suggested I'm just a bloviating ass, full of beans. They could be right.

But, if you connect to the link, you will see my money is placed veridical with my oratory.

Bottom line, the nation will not succeed or fail over anything agreed upon at this Forum much less anything that I have said. learn as much as you can froma variety of sources, and then make the best decisions for you and your family.

Be well

Kane

Whether or not Romney's plan will create jobs is less the point. Just the fact that Romney is in office will create jobs. Why?

The gloom of uncertainty created by Obama will lift. The anticipation of new Obama taxes fades. The cluster fuck of ObamaCare goes away. With certainty, trillions of parked corporate dollars will be repatriated to America.

We will be once again open for business.

Whynot

Whether or not Romney's plan will create jobs is less the point. Just the fact that Romney is in office will create jobs. Why?

The gloom of uncertainty created by Obama will lift. The anticipation of new Obama taxes fades. The cluster fuck of ObamaCare goes away. With certainty, trillions of parked corporate dollars will be repatriated to America.

We will be once again open for business.

I understand companies not wanting to invest due to the unknowns of Obama care, but and I could be wrong, Romney can't wave a magic wand and make it disappear. The republicans have not been able to overturn it yet, and the thought is after the election, the house and senate will be more evenly split. Trust me, I want that Obamanation to go away, but one man alone can't do it.

As for corporations with parked money, there are many who have had their best years under Obama (CAT, Verizon) and well to be honest, my 401k has had it's best years under Obama. Not saying that I want to keep Obama, just voicing some concerns.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I understand companies not wanting to invest due to the unknowns of Obama care, but and I could be wrong, Romney can't wave a magic wand and make it disappear. The republicans have not been able to overturn it yet, and the thought is after the election, the house and senate will be more evenly split. Trust me, I want that Obamanation to go away, but one man alone can't do it.

As for corporations with parked money, there are many who have had their best years under Obama (CAT, Verizon) and well to be honest, my 401k has had it's best years under Obama. Not saying that I want to keep Obama, just voicing some concerns.

If those companies are doing so well,then why not is the nation?
You are right, oneman cannot do it. But I would ask,,,,, Reagan wasn't one man? Clinton wasn't one man? How did they do it?

We need to stop thinking in terms electing a lone hero who will charge the Dragon. That storyline is for Hollywood.

Leadership. It is the ability of a person to organize and inspire others to do what needs doing. what we have seenlately fromObama is thathe has instead, impeded it. All for an agenda he wants that goes against the will of the people.

For two years Bush had a congress that would not work with him. What happened to our nation?
For two years Obama had a congress that would, and what happened to our nation?
Then the power changed and for two years he would not work with the Congress. What happend then?

Unless Romney can marshall representatives of both parties into a majority willing to dotheworkof the people,and not the agenda of theparty, we will have two more years of the same.

Whith these notable exceptions. Presidential orders,many of which wil lbe rescinded that have Obma's signature onthem, thus releasingthe enforcement directives that have choked industry and commerce.

And secondly, a changein focus in the justice dept,foreign policy and legilative initiatives. Allof these subjects canbe cotrolled by oneman,,,,the President.

One final comment, If the Senate changes to GOP we have a double edged sword. While it will get Shitty Harry off the senate podium, which will be of great benefit to our nation, it will put the government in the singular control of the GOP. In my view,the government should not be under one party or the other. That is how we get the obaminations like Affordable healthcare Acts

But since Harry refuses to get any work done, not even pass a budget,we need to get hoim out of the way. Perhpas in two years, the congress,or theSenate can switch back. But menawhile, Romney will have a clean shot at his agenda.

And yes,that is one way, one man can do it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Come on guys ...... Put the Loggers and Miners back in business and take the damn choke hold off of them so they can do their job . YOu would see this economy turn around in a heartbeat .
It does not take much thinking to see the "trickle down affect" that would happen . Everytime I remember the enconomy pulling ahead was when the workin man was spending money
Pretty basic......

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Come on guys ...... Put the Loggers and Miners back in business and take the damn choke hold off of them so they can do their job . YOu would see this economy turn around in a heartbeat .
It does not take much thinking to see the "trickle down affect" that would happen . Everytime I remember the enconomy pulling ahead was when the workin man was spending money
Pretty basic......

:clap:

* FWIW, I have a really hard time agreeing with BigAl, he is a KRISTI owner after all, but he nailed this one.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty basic......

Yes it is,,,,
And Obama is gonna do that?

or

Is Romney?

Obama, progressives and his party have spent the last 6 years shutting those basic industries down. Can somebody, anybody, prove there is no direct connection?

Until I hear one that is credible, I'm laying the blame on the progressives, in both parties, who forced banks into creating bad loans, stopped US energy companies from drilling here at home, regulated mining, logging and even Agriculture, into dependent submission to their agendas.

America's wealth was not here when the colonists and settlers came from Europe. America's wealth came when they workedthe land and marshalled it's resources into marketable goods and services.

Only a fiction writer can make something out of nothingness.

Only Hollywood can spin gossimer into profit.

Washington DC should stop trying to do it with Hyperbole.

Whenever I was short of money or laid off, I was always able to pick up a hammer and find work building something. I doubt many can do that today.

The rest of us need real work, in the real world.