• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

St4 bulb part number

rfx

does anyone know the part number for the bulb inside the original turn signal switch on an ST4 (1963 in my case) ?

rfx

looks abit like a toggle only rotary , has a small bulb that lights up the very center of the handle

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
looks abit like a toggle only rotary , has a small bulb that lights up the very center of the handle

On mine the handle is white plastic, and has a down ward pointing lever to actuate it. Be very care full with the switch! They are some what rare, and it would be costly to replace it.

Does your machine have the aluminum head, headlight pull switch with the blue light in the center to tell you the lights are on? Again a very rare switch. I do not think there are any reproductions made for either of these switches. Porsche files would love to find them, as I have been told they were used on the 356 speedsters..

How about and original hour meter, does yours have one of those?

Regards, Kirk

vintagebike

I was able to find all of those Snow Trac parts plus a lot more on ebay.de (Germany). Understanding a bit of German helps but some sellers will not ship directly to the US so you need a third party agent. As I remember the signal switch uses an E10 base 5 volt bulb. :idea:

rfx

looks like I struck out on the headlight switch (some later aftermarket thing )but I do have the original hour meter which seems intact . thanks for the leads on the bulb . May modify for a 12 volt bulb with better availability . Any favorites for 12 to 6 volt adapters for the hour meter ?

vintagebike

You might try an LED replacement bulb- they work on both 6 and 12 volts. I got my voltage reducers from Speedway Motors.