• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Friggin' Phone Scammers

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
My In Laws keep getting phony phone scammers claiming to be the IRS. Three more calls just this afternoon. They prey on the elderly hoping to scare them into giving personal info and to steal their money

I'd love to get my fingers around their throats the miserable friggin' sons of bitches.

Tomorrow I'm going over and help them get caller ID and number blocking to see if it helps.

Rant over. :biggrin:

Matthewmemories

I did use to get calls sometimes about PPI, the whole thing being a load of crap of course. It hasn't been a problem though since I got my new phone 3 months ago.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
haven't gotten any from the IRS scammers, but I get plenty from every other telemarketer. I got several calls w/ a recorded message in spanish, no less!! On the last one I punched #1 and he kept blabbering on so I punched#2 and it rang thru to a person. The nice lady answered in spanish. I told her I don't speak or understand spanish and to take me off the their effing call list. No more calls from them!! Every one I get I try to talk to a person and tell them in a not nice way to remove me from their list.
Mike

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We get the same thing up here from the CRA. Little do they know that my wife works for the CRA and is quick to point that out to them when they call.

My wife answered the phone the other day and someone claiming to be from the bank I deal with was trying to convince her that she was joint on my credit card with me and that it was ok to give them the card number. She lost it on them politely advising them that she was not joint on any cards with me.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My In Laws keep getting phony phone scammers claiming to be the IRS. Three more calls just this afternoon. They prey on the elderly hoping to scare them into giving personal info and to steal their money

I'd love to get my fingers around their throats the miserable friggin' sons of bitches.

Tomorrow I'm going over and help them get caller ID and number blocking to see if it helps.

Rant over. :biggrin:
It's says the IRS is going to sue you?
Yeah, I get that one too, but it's different numbers at times.
I put the number (s) in search and the site 800 notes pops up with the info.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
It's says the IRS is going to sue you?
Yeah, I get that one too, but it's different numbers at times.
I put the number (s) in search and the site 800 notes pops up with the info.

Yeah, sue you, confiscate property, that kind of thing. Just scaring the shit out of old folks. From what I understand, some of them even use software or whatever to generate a Washington DC area code in an attempt to look real.

Friggin' shit birds.