• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Weenie Queen Strikes Again

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I purchased a plush blanket today for the bed at Kohl's.
Not my bed.. GRETCHEN'S bed.:glare::yum::hammer:
Think she likes it? lol
:biggrin:

2011-12-08 21-11-14.298.jpg

2011-12-08 21-10-53.528.jpg

2011-12-08 21-07-15.288.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, she's snoozing all comfy right now.
Sometime over the course of the night, she'll be digging at the blanket with her little stubby paws, causing me to scream out STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the way of the Dachshund. DIG!
If something is new in their abode, they either have to investigate, mark or attempt to destroy.
I'll be on alert.
Shhhhhhhhhhh don't tell her ..:shifty::yum:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
they deserve the best- i know u luv ur 'lil gretchen. she's a cutie. w/ a pink collar!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
they deserve the best- i know u luv ur 'lil gretchen. she's a cutie. w/ a pink collar!
:biggrin:
She's 8 years old now Aubrey.
I hate to see the gray beginning to show around her face.
That said, she hasn't slowed down much as yet since puppy-hood.
Love my little canine baby to pieces.
Best Doxie I have ever been owned by, except for Sophie the black and tan.
She was the greatest.
Then there was Heidi, Flash.. etc...
Cindy was my first ever wiener dog when I was 4.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i know, lollie. my beloved tig is 12 already.

sophie is a pretty name.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
i know, lollie. my beloved tig is 12 already.

sophie is a pretty name.

I hope Tig lasts as long as my friend Lorraine's cat did.
He lived to be almost 20.

Sophia Von Strudel was her AKC name.

She and Flash (Daddy's Root Beer Flash) produced a lot of lovely little long and shorties at one time.
Chocolates/black and tans/reds.:smile::wub:
But that was many moons ago in a different time of my life.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
That is a cute dog PG, though I never owned one. I have a grandson now married and living in Orlando that has one. His wasn't very friendly at all with other animals.

I'm without a dog for the first time in my life and most made it to their teens. Poor Biggs didn't and I gave up at that point and have settled in for my wife's cats. I won't be getting another dog again I'm sure.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a cute dog PG, though I never owned one. I have a grandson now married and living in Orlando that has one. His wasn't very friendly at all with other animals.

I'm without a dog for the first time in my life and most made it to their teens. Poor Biggs didn't and I gave up at that point and have settled in for my wife's cats. I won't be getting another dog again I'm sure.
Doxies are funny like that.

All of the ones I have ever owned have been temperamental around other animals, especially cats.
When I got Heidi, Sophie had been with us for a year already.
Heidi took over and Sophie allowed her to be the Alpha. She was such a gentle little darling.

I love cats, but prefer dogs.
You should eventually get another doggie, Joe.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Doxies are funny like that.

All of the ones I have ever owned have been temperamental around other animals, especially cats.
When I got Heidi, Sophie had been with us for a year already.
Heidi took over and Sophie allowed her to be the Alpha. She was such a gentle little darling.

I love cats, but prefer dogs.
You should eventually get another doggie, Joe.

Just not enough time for another dog though I miss not having one. I do have Shadow which follows me around like a dog and even gets in the shower with me. I had a dog used to do that also, a miniature pincher named nipper because he was and ankle biter for sure.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I do have Shadow which follows me around like a dog and even gets in the shower with me. I had a dog used to do that also, a miniature pincher named nipper because he was and ankle biter for sure.
Next time, have Dawn take a video of it. :w00t2::yum::flowers:
Just kidding.
I think I recall seeing pics of you and Nipper on NCT, but am not sure of it now.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Next time, have Dawn take a video of it. :w00t2::yum::flowers:
Just kidding.
I think I recall seeing pics of you and Nipper on NCT, but am not sure of it now.

I might of posted an old picture of him just don't remember now. He died in the late 70's in Texas. Now I had a Jack Russel named Buddy that died at 18 then I got Biggs who was 6 when we got him from the pound. He broke his back jumping off the back porch (2 steps) the day before my last birthday. He was almost 11 then and the vet put him down on my birthday. There was little they could do for him as he lost all use of his hind quarters and even his body functions.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Timba sends love, she gave her handspun bed to Ben, my daughter's sheep dog puppy and he ate it! Timba says it is time that 'Mummy' made her a new blanket, but after that rush over the kingsize bedspread, she is having a break from handspinning and crochet!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I purchased a plush blanket today for the bed at Kohl's.
Not my bed.. GRETCHEN'S bed.

Timba sends love, she gave her handspun bed to Ben, my daughter's sheep dog puppy and he ate it! Timba says it is time that 'Mummy' made her a new blanket, but after that rush over the kingsize bedspread, she is having a break from handspinning and crochet!

Blankets from Kohl's and hand spun beds?!?!?
Don't tell my dog. She's happy with me right now since I got her a new $9 bed from Tractor Supply.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The little dogs favorite "bed" is a wool blanket in the corner of the living room by the computer desk. They all love it, even the old tomcat. Now the shepherd just lays wherever she wants.:hammer: When she jumps on the bed it feels like somebody dropped a bag of concrete mix on you.:w00t2:She will wedge herself in the middle and somebody ends up short on blanket. Usually me.