• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Scientists Find New MRSA Superbug in Cows, Humans...

Lia

Banned
Personally, altho interesting, I would much rather be told what was done to the milk in europe/UK afew years ago, that caused me, and no doubt many others, to become intolerant of milk, overnight. I've never been able to discover the why or how, altho its possible that humans experience 'chemical changes' in their bodies, that might instigate such intolerances, for no apparently discernable reason, known to medical science just now. Weird.

British scientists have found a new strain of the "superbug" [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]MRSA[/COLOR][/COLOR] in milk from cows and in swab samples from humans and say it cannot be detected with standard tests.
Researchers said the find was "worrying" but added it was unlikely that the methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bug, which is resistant to some antibiotics, could cause infections by getting into the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]food[/COLOR][/COLOR] chain via milk.
Mark Holmes and a team of scientists from Cambridge University, found the new MRSA bug while researching S. aureus, a bug known to cause a potentially lethal disease in dairy cows called bovine mastitis. The discovery was published on Friday in The Lancet Infectious Diseases journal...

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/...w-mrsa-superbug-in-cows-humans/#ixzz1ODHTlDle

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would much rather be told what was done to the milk in europe/UK afew years ago, that caused me, and no doubt many others, to become intolerant of milk, overnight...
I am lactose intolerant and it was also a sudden change for me about 10 years ago. Its apparently more common in humans than I would have previously guessed, and it apparently has a sudden onset. It is interesting in the entire realm of mammals, only humans drink milk beyond their early formative years. Perhaps some of our bodies are just not designed for milk as we age?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Overuse of drugs to treat humans and animals have created these ever evolving strains of diseases. The bugs win for a while then science finds a new drug and it works for a while till the bugs find a way around them. It is especially bad when children are treated early in life as their bodies don't develop natural anti-toxins to many of the "normal"diseases we all experienced growing up. I often wonder if the instant relief is worth the long term price. Much the same with animals. In an effort to increase milk production and save sickly cows that would have normally been culled by nature we over treat diseases and they develop the same resistant strains.

Lia

Banned
Melensdad, yours is as good a theory, if not more plausible than most that I have heard for why some become intolerant to certain foods... and Bill, your right imho, about the overuse of drugs and chemicals to treat animals and humans, and it is a worrying trend that doesn't seem to be abating, given the controversial opinions regarding such usage.

Another thing that I wonder about, constantly, is the use of sterilizing fluids used to clean babies bottles, and other accessories... I mean, despite the claims that this is a very weakened solution of bleach, it will strip ingrained dirt/stains from anything, including cracks and crevices around the home.

I use this stuff as am efficient cleaning aid for practically everything. It IS a bleach, and diluted or not, it is powerful enuff to lift more than the germs one would find in a babies bottle. Heck, its more powerful than any ordinary bleach that one finds on a superstore shelf.

Why would anyone think that it would be safe to use in a baby bottle? Most baby bottles are plastic (they used to be glass, apparently), and some plastics are porous; so no matter how much it is rinsed the bleach will not be fully eradicated.

Could this be a reason for why so many babies, children and adults have suddenly become allergic and intolerant of so much? The increase in these issue amongst humans has risen at an alrming rate. We all need a certain amount of bacteria in our bodies; some of it is essential to our survival. Are we bleaching ourselves out of existence?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Overuse of drugs to treat humans and animals have created these ever evolving strains of diseases. The bugs win for a while then science finds a new drug and it works for a while till the bugs find a way around them. It is especially bad when children are treated early in life as their bodies don't develop natural anti-toxins to many of the "normal"diseases we all experienced growing up. I often wonder if the instant relief is worth the long term price. Much the same with animals. In an effort to increase milk production and save sickly cows that would have normally been culled by nature we over treat diseases and they develop the same resistant strains.

This. +1

mak2

well, the super bugs and food intolerances are different. The superbugs have come from the overperscription of antibiotics and patients not taking the prescribed amount. If you have any left over anitbiotics in you medicine cabinet you might be one of the culprits. Some bugs supposedly arise, at least I tell my students, from priming IV lines by allowing the fluid to run on the floor. Now they make cool little paper caps that lets air through by not fluid.

The big problem with these superbugs is just when we get sick, we want the doctor to do something. It is usually antibiotics. 3 days latter you get over it, quit taking your antibiotics cause they upset your tummy. Now you are growing a super bug.Wexide or something like it is generally used for nonfood surfaces and kills most everthing. I think a hot dishwasher with normal dishsoap should be good for dishes.

The world will never be sterile, it would really suck if it was.