• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Montana tractors

Viking

Site Supporter
Talked to a Montana tractor dealer today. I was looking at a 2740 and a 3240. Anyway, he said the they are coming out with a Montana Sub-Compact in 22 and 25hp versions with coice of HST and Manual transmissions. The Montana's I looked at were very nicely put together, stout and had very good fit and finish. If they do a good job on the sub-cut and bring it in at a good price point they will give JD, Kubota, MF and NH something to think about.

messickfarmequ

Charter Member
Viking said:
If they do a good job on the sub-cut and bring it in at a good price point they will give JD, Kubota, MF and NH something to think about.

If Mahindra did, then it might get the attention of CNH/Deere/Kubota. Montana does not have the sales figures for them to really care. I'd be surprised if they moved over 1000 units/year.

It might be just me, but I found the montana machines that I picked over to be very crude. They felt and looked like Ford did 20-25 years ago. To be honest, of the off brands I've been most impressed by Century. Their egronomics felt good and it had the look of a more modern tractor. Now I have no idea what any of those things drive like... I just see them at shows. As much as we bash them, Kioti's don't seem horrible either. There where a few obvious areas that they take shortcuts (implements) and the design is kinda backyard feeling - kinda like dixichopper. I have driven a few of the cub cadet versions of these machines and there are obvious operaitonal differences. Hey that got off topic - I wonder how long it will take for Sears-Craftsman to build a subcompact... i bet that would sell.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Montanas are Farmtracs in green from what I understand. Like Neil, I feel they are crude but well built and HEAVY (sic)! The SCUT models would be a welcome and interesting venture.

Viking, Did you happen to sit and operate the Montana? They like the Farmtrac, I found to be very congested and uncomfortable. I operated both and they seemed to have adequate features but frankly I couldn't get off them soon enough. I'm sure they offered more but I wasn't willing to take the time in the seat to find out.

2 sets of rear remotes is nice!

Last edited:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Montana and Farmtrac share only some similar models. But if you check out the Farmtracs you will see they have a wider product selection and you will find that not all of them are made by LG Cable. All of the Montana's are made by LG Cable.

As for TYM, some of the models they produce include Kubota engines.

As for the Montana's I looked at a 27hp unit and was totally unimpressed. It was very crude in comparision to the Big 3 and several other brands. I did not drive it, I saw no reason to test something that I would never even consider buying. I later found out that the model I looked at was the bottom of the product line, and did not include many features like rubber floor mats to prevent rusting of the operator's platform and dozens of other details that I've come to expect. Now in fairness, I also understand that some of the other models have the features that I would require on a tractor.

As for the "Big Dung" comment, that one, if you didn't see it on TBN was posted by one of the Kiotidiots by the name of Albumn10. And yes, I did take the opportunity to point out what he posted, even if it was just an honest typo. The guy is one of the worst of the 'pack' and exhibits his ignorance too often for his own good. So the credit for Big Dung actually belongs to a rabid pack member!!!

Last edited:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
The guy is one of the worst of the 'pack' and exhibits his ignorance too often for his own good. So the credit for Big Dung actually belongs to a rabid pack member!!!

Another reason not to lower ourselves or exhibit their behavior

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I think I stay pretty well above the fray. As for others here, as a non-Kioti owner, I see the humor in what they type and take it as attacks on the 'rabid dogs' rather than on the rational owners of the brand. However, I presume that some who fall into the 'rational owners of the brand' category could see it wearing a bit thin from time to time.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Well I think I stay pretty well above the fray. As for others here, as a non-Kioti owner, I see the humor in what they type and take it as attacks on the 'rabid dogs' rather than on the rational owners of the brand. However, I presume that some who fall into the 'rational owners of the brand' category could see it wearing a bit thin from time to time.

Thanks Bob. I have no problem with the humor of it all and I do participate, but when it becomes a moniker for all things Kioti I tend to get a little ired.

Besides, how do you think they get to be a HEAVY tractor.......:D

Viking

Site Supporter
Messick, the Montana's I saw are, or course, are not quite at the level of a JD, Kubota, NH or a MF but for what is probably considered a 2nd tier tractor they look pretty good. I'm sure a Montana, FarmTrac, Mahindra or Century/Branson would work well for someone like me in a non-commercial role around my residence and the little bit of acreage I own. I could also save a nice chunk of $$$... Thanks for your reply.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog said:
Thanks Bob. I have no problem with the humor of it all and I do participate, but when it becomes a moniker for all things Kioti I tend to get a little ired.

Besides, how do you think they get to be a HEAVY tractor.......:D

Heck I can tell you how the Kioti tractors get so heavy. They load them up with "hype" from inexperienced users!!! Pile on enough of those guys who don't know what they are talking about, let them blabber on endlessly for days on end about how they have 18 hours of seat time and their tractor obviously is better than Burma Shave, sliced bread and The Hair Club for Men . . .
Then load up all the blather they sprew :puke1: into their FELs and that explains how they get to be so heavy.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. But I'm really a good guy. Honest. :whistle:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Big Dog, why don't you start some sort of revolt over the idiots who are Kioti owners? You know, ole "highbeam / low-wit", "albmn10", "drool", "shoppingtractors", "unionwhatevertypeC" and so on? You have to know that those guys cause most of the friction. Sit down now, but you know, the tractors are really not that bad. It's the morons who have "4000 pounds of daedong iron" (big frickin' deal - what the hell does he mean by that?) and the other guy who seems so proud of his 18 hours of seat time, and the other who brags that his "Perkins" is still going strong after 500 hours (frick!, I'd bet that $2600 new Indian tractor would still be running fine at 500 hours!!) that make Kioti a laughing stock with most readers.

I'd think it would go a long way for you to group together with "cag" and the other normal people who happen to own a Kioti and refute some of the obvious BS spewed by the idiots. Some advice given by the usual suspects makes me think that they are certainly polluting the gene pool by being around. :D

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
You don't know how many times I've just wanted to post "Shut the **** up" over there. I have no couth or patience to try to deal with those robots. It'd be like asking my dog to piss in the commode and put the seat down! Ain't happening

OregonAlex

Big Dog... if it makes any difference.. I just wanted to say that my comment was NOT directed negatively at you. It was supposed to be humorous and enjoyed by the masses here. I have to be admit it was regrettable, now that I think about the fact the some members here actually own that brand. Sorry about that, hope you believe me when I say that I had no intention to offend anyone here. It was a silly comment. No offense.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Although I may (or may not have) posted a few Kioti digs here, I would own one if it fit my needs. I really don't care what brand of tractor someone uses, unless it's my tractor !! I hereby apoligize for any past or future Kioti (or any other brands) that I have or maybe haven't bashed yet. Remember........It's all in fun & no offence meant !! (was that politically correct or what !!) Seat time = Freedom=Good !!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey guys (Alex & Tom) believe me when I say I know there is no seriousness to what is said. I just want ya'll to save it for the big one instead of a bunch a little ones.....:)

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OregonAlex said:
ok lost me here?? the Big One? As in War?

The bigger laugh, I'd rather read a howler than a punch a little puns.....:D!