• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The wall

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
First a bit of background. When we bought this place over 3 years ago there was a small room downstairs. Our two oldest boys moved into that room in bunk beds. There wasn't room for anything else in there. So we moved them out into the open recroom with the intention of building a wall across to build an actual room. We had dividers separating them from the rest of the recroom. I had planned on building a wall for them the summer of 2015. Unfortunately the question of "why did the duck cross the road" needed to be answered and I had my accident.

Fast forward to 2017. We finally got around to building the wall. We framed it in first. Then insulated for sound. Followed by a basic wood panelling. First was a big section between the front wall of the house and the boxed in support post. Last night we finished off the panelling on that side and framed in the door for the smaller 60" section of wall between the post and interior wall. We still have to cut the panelling for that wall, insulate then install. Only moldings will be around the door. For this reason we measured each sheet of panelling to fit tight to the ceiling and floor. The wall is screwed into the wall and post in such a way that we can remove it later without leaving any signs of a wall ever being there.
91dc448e2f0206c0fdc7db59a942d9e5.jpg
0646f550a77da0ff2a3a0c6906a2c07b.jpg
e632f27911fed5bbb8f0fe768cb407b9.jpg
24e8a0ff1d75e05e2a7c1a6e89d483e8.jpg
14847a7f0a5a7f9c52374a36361f06fa.jpg
8f439fcd3d62291a5c233ec9bbbff891.jpg
e8dc55f5e40eca33e88ae4d34cf139eb.jpg

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Excellent work and it looks good!! By the title I thought maybe Canada was going to build their own wall, LOL!!
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Looking great Redneck. You know, when you are feeling better, Trump is looking for good people that know how to build walls. :biggrin:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Great work. Want to come here and divided my back bedroom so only half of it is a mess? It's now the cat's room it has the litter boxes so other than old books & junk storage that's all it's good for.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys. The plan was to finish it off tomorrow evening but my buddy called this evening and said he had time. So the door wall is now finished aside from the door trim.

Should I be sending trump my resume? Lmao

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My buddy was free last night so we got the wall finished. I finished the trim today. Glad it's done.
e3c4feb2d0ddde3a78946f0710e51024.jpg
dfac3fc128dc79047e52ad4bc1e844eb.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Does look good :flowers: but I have just got to ask. Where's the power? :unsure:
No power in that wall. We designed it so that it can easily be removed if desired by future owners. Didn't want to get into tearing walls and ceilings apart to rewire. Over each of the kids beds there are lights controlled by a switch right by their bed.