• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Happy Father's Day to ME !!

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Here I am, eight o'clock Father's day morning. I'm already alone and :cry: feeling sorry for myself :cry: . Missing the old days of the kids making a :festive: special breakfast. How sad is that? I have 2 daughters out of state, 1 near me, who went to work at 6am. Wife has to work today. Everybody else I know is having a family day.

I guess there's only one thing to do to cheer myself up. I'm going to get out the credit card go on the internet and buy myself a NEW TOOL. Maybe a bandsaw, my old one died last year.
Now how's that for rationalizing the purchase of a new toy ?

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there. Anyone with a son or daughter in the service a special prayer for you. I was in your shoes in the first Gulf War, I remember it made the day a lot harder but also a lot more rewarding.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Go for it! .............. I get to finish the lattice work and reset the fuel tank. Got a bunch a cards though .............:)

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's 6am here. I've had breakfast and I'm going to work all day!

The wife is taking the kids to church and then a kids birthday party so I get some peace and quiet!

Just like I wanted. ;)

Trakternut

With no offspring of my own, I think I'll spend a little time with my dad. He's a spry 80-yr old gent who keeps my mom exasperated, much to my delight!

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
And a happy Father's Day to you.
My kids are all in other states so we won't get together today, but maybe later this month.
So far this morning I've been drinking my coffee while "running my traps" on eHarmony.com.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Thanks for taking me in when I needed a home. And, for not forcing me to eat compost.
Happy Father's Day
Ferrous

Attachments

• Ferrous.jpg
    Ferrous.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 44

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Fathers day all.
I'm out on our houseboat communicating with my new air card fathers day gift I got myself. One of our daughters is with us. We are ready for a fun day of boating.
Hope you all have a good day. :beer:

Deerlope

My wife is taking me to a chicken BQ. Also got lots of card and a GC to L L Bean. 1 kid out of state and 3 in state. A son is 8 miles away and I barely see or ever hear from him but that is OK. He is a Dad this year also. He married a gal with two boys 12 & 8 years old. He comes by when I need him. After the chicken BQ we are going to see a grand daughter taking her second horse riding lesson, English style trotting.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for taking me in when I needed a home. And, for not forcing me to eat compost.
Happy Father's Day
Ferrous

I don't have to force my dogs to eat compost. I have to force them to not eat it!:smileywac

Cute Boy Junk!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have to force my dogs to eat compost. I have to force them to not eat it!:smileywac

Misha will pretty much eat anything. Yesterday she ate a bird, its mate was pretty upset about that. So was the rest of my family. I figured she was doing what a dog does, especially a dog that has a strong territorial instinct like an Akita.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I bought some three way soil back in March and it wasn't blended very well so there are big chunks of old black poo in it still. I have one dog that is constantly chewing these things. Makes me wonder if she is deficient in some strange chemical but I think she just likes the smell or the texture or something as she appears to be otherwise healthy.

As for Deer poo - well according to my dogs there is nothing better!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Ferrous is the brother of my female Weimeraner. I adopted him about 6 months ago, because the owner couldn't keep him any longer. I originally gave him to them. I got the picture and message in my email today. It is a long story, but they hated to give him up, but he just wasn't getting along with the other dogs. I call him the bionic dog, since he has two artificial hip joints to the tune of $6000!!! Sure glad that I didn't have to pay for the surgery, because it was done when he was 6 months old. He had very bad hip dyspepsia. His sister has perfect hips, but a defective mouth. She eats everything in can get into it...... including deer poo......:shitHitFan:

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Fathers to all you Dads out there.
My oldest invited me out to see his newly purchased house, last night. That way he got to spend the day today with his future Father-In-Law. He forgets Dad was born first and is not all that dumb:yum:
The youngest and his family came over and visited for a few minutes.
I tricked them both, I already celebrated Fathers Day by picking up a new Shindaiwa trimmer and a Natural Gas post-mounted grill head on Friday :thumb:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
My daughter who lives out of state called, but said she did not mail my card until last night. My son who lives with us as he us unable to work said happy Father's Day. Then the wife and I went out to work in the garden until we were rained out. Great day, took the cultivator off, put the planter on and planted some corn, put the mower on and mowed around the edges and then tilled until the rain.

No better way to spend the day than on the tractor.