• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Did you get your $1200 stimulus payment?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
There's 6 of us here. My wife and I got our payments about 2 weeks ago.

Our 2 kids both worked in 2019, filed their fed taxes and had direct deposit of their income tax refund. Neither of them have received their COVID payment and the IRS web site says it can't find them for their check.

My FIL is on SSI - no payment for him yet.
My BIL is on SSDI - no payment for him yet.

Once you get your payment, how are you going to spend it or are you keeping it as cash?

Here's where you can check your payment status.
https://www.irs.com/articles/check-the-status-of-your-stimulus-payment/

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Haven't received it yet. I went to the IRS site and they said since they don't have my banking info it will be mailed to us. That's good 'cause I don't like having my banking info going even to the IRS. Makes me nervous enough when I have to use my debit card online instead of paypal.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had not filed our 2019 taxes and still got the stimulus. I think it is based on 2018 tax year. I'm wondering if there is a minimum income required ...ie a student just working in the summer might not qualify.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I just assume I don’t qualify? I dunno. But I have gotten nothing.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I checked my banking account on line this morning, around noon and just now for another reason. The site has been down all day so I'll betcha it's because the IRS is pouring money into all the customers' accounts.

Bannedjoe

I've never given the IRS my bank info, so if I'm getting one, it will be mailed.
I haven't been to the PO box in weeks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm wondering if there is a minimum income required ...ie a student just working in the summer might not qualify.
I was wondering that too. But... since they're my kids and I still claim them on dependents, do I qualify for the $500 kid payments?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry Brian. I did not pay attention to that since it did not apply to me. So figured I could do a search and maybe get the answer for you. hahahahahaha more confused than before.

Here is a govthub link i found ..note it is a .com not .gov as I expected. Still it might have some good info there but I did not dig far enough to get an answer for you.

https://govthub.com/stimulus-checks...payment&utm_campaign=GH+Stimulus-Check+DSK+YR

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes.
Mine was deposited on the 15th.
No plans for it.
It's sitting pretty with the rest of my hard earned cash.
20200429_075213.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You'll also receive a letter from the dept. of the treasury/IRS.
The letterhead is The White House.

20200429_094704-768x768.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
My bank alerted me this morning that the $1200 is in y account. I may donate some to charity and use some to buy a gun and the net show.

Bannedjoe

The only thing I seem to be stimulating these days is the home depot.
I haven't gotten a check yet, but if I do...
Yesterday's homedopes bill was $1200.
So there's that.

leadarrows

Yes, last Friday in the mail.

Economic Impact Payment President Donald J. Trump

printed right on the front. :)

Not so sure I am crazy about taking it though.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about all of this. I am over 60 with diabetes but other than that I am in good condition. Had it been up to me I might have taken some measures to slow the spread down until the healthcare units were ready but past that we have to go back to work and get it over with. This virus will eventually have to run it's course. Might as well get it over with.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You'll also receive a letter from the dept. of the treasury/IRS.
The letterhead is The White House.

View attachment 126166

My wife just returned from the Post Office with the letter so I suppose the $2400 has been sitting in the bank for a little while.

It was quite funny. Her normal procedure for handling mail is to place it in a box and leave it outside for 4 days. When she saw the letterhead from the White House she just had to open it and show me. She came through in a mask and wearing gloves and held it while I read it. Then it was back to sanitizing everything that she had touched and things that she just thought about touching. :smilelove:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Accountant confirmed:

Melen gets $0.00
Lovely Mrs_Bob gets $0.00
I get $0.00

Apparently it has something to do with the way I have my LLC set up.

As I understand it, the $1200 is credited against the 2020 tax year? As I pay quarterly estimated taxes, it basically would do me no good anyway. But I still wanted it.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently it has something to do with the way I have my LLC set up.

[/B]

It's been so long since we've had to deal with that and estimated quarterly taxes that it never occurred to me. I just thought that the Donald had you on some sort of blacklist! :moon: