• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How NOT to cut off a tree limb

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Whoops

Attachments

• TreeLimbGetHim.gif
    TreeLimbGetHim.gif
    2 MB · Views: 79

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
He needs to use my redneck pruner ... a 12 gauge shotgun and slugs. When you get good at it you can prune branches like that from 30 yards. Much safer.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I never thought about slugs. I been doing it with a 45 win.

Whatever works. :yum:

The reason I do it is because what happened to the guy in the video almost happened to me many years ago. I was up the ladder, made my undercut, made the top cut and the branch came off clean. Unfortunately it landed on all the twiggy stuff at the end and bounced like a spring and hit the ladder. I nearly came off. It kinda scared me as I can't fly worth a flip. :biggrin:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The reason I do it is because what happened to the guy in the video almost happened to me many years ago. I was up the ladder, made my undercut, made the top cut and the branch came off clean. Unfortunately it landed on all the twiggy stuff at the end and bounced like a spring and hit the ladder. I nearly came off. It kinda scared me as I can't fly worth a flip. :biggrin:
Been there...

Flying is easy, so long as your headed in the direction of gravity. It's that abrupt stop at the bottom that sucks.

I try to stick to the trees that are coming down in their entirety. If it requires climbing, I have someone else do it. I just had something like 30 tall trees pruned off at about 30' high. He wanted the business so he did it for something like $50/tree (and did most of the clean-up). :)

Bamby

It appears the gif is actually lacking an image. I can't see how the ground ladder man failed to be clobbered by one or the other falling objects...