• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Does anyone mount and balance their own tires?

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
PB,maybe I'm missing something here,but if you buy a second set of wheels,how often will you need the tools to change/balance tires?
Mike

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
mla2ofus said:
PB,maybe I'm missing something here,but if you buy a second set of wheels,how often will you need the tools to change/balance tires?
Mike

Guess I didn't word that quite right. It would be an either or sort of thing. But with two cars I have to buy two sets of wheels and that is more expensive than just buying the tools.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nope, not me.
But I have to wonder about a tool they sell for $49.00 actually doing a good job when the professional version of the same tool costs thousands.

It's sold as a portable emergency situation type of tool. I'd wager after you did 8 tires with it in a day that you wouldn't mind going to the tire shop quite as much.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Nope... That is how I get my twice yearly tires balanced and rotated on each vehicle. Only happens when we change out the tires for the winter and summer seasons. If I had them already mounted on wheels, I probably would never get the balance and rotation done. It just costs $60 each time.....:eek: