• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Considering Imp for my 1500 trade....????

R

Reddog

I was contacted by a fellow who is interested in my 1500. He has a very nice looking Imp that sounds like it is in excellent condition, with the exception of possibly needing track belting replacement in the near future. I do not know the year, V4 power, OC4 rear end. 30" tracks with aluminum grousers.
We are on the same page as far as value goes, I would get his cat, the trailer for his cat and some money to boot.
My question is does anyone have any thoughts on how I may or may not be satisfied with the Imp coming out of a 1500? I had a 1202B a few years back and am familiar with the operation of a cat with a standard shift. I expect his machine to do better in most powder conditions and on the right terrain and grade, travel faster, but it is smaller (not really an issue) and has lower HP, and is older.
Just trying to make an educated decision...here is a pic of his machine, sure looks nice. Also, if anyone has any first hand knowledge of this rig, please chime in:
Imp 1.jpg
Thanks as always, Doug at 8000'

R

Reddog

Point is now moot. The Imp owner contacted me and found another 1500 closer to him. It is a cool looking rig, I like the windows too. Doug