• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Time to invest contest II

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Want to try again?

Same rules as last time "Here's 10 Grand .... Go buy up to 4 stocks right now and post the stock symbol , number of shares and price you paid today."

Let's make one small change. Instead of 6 months, let's go with 3.
This one ends at the closing bell on October 29, 2009.

I'll make my picks this evening, after the market closes (since it's easier to get a price)

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, my picks
ECL - 80 shares @ 40.90 = 3272
SMBL - 286 shares @ 6.03 = 1724.58
CPO - 100 shares @ 28.33 = 2833
TIS - 100 shares @ 21.70 = 2170
Total = 9999.58

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
GGG:LSE (central China Goldfields)

5000 shares at 2.00 = 10.000.00 on the mark.

Total = 10.000.00

Last edited:

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Who won the last one? Sushi? :yum:

He sure did and invested his profits in a luxury apartment...im told it has loads of room inside and the views are stunning:yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• tardis_shed.jpg
    tardis_shed.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 132

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Bank of America (BAC) @ $14.79 = 676 shares .Yes, all my eggs in one basket !!!!:doh:

Ken Lewis ,the CEO is a smart guy and due to retire in the next couple of years . You will see him run this company way up in the profit margin . He holds a ton of option shares and wants to cash in at the maximum possible .
I hold quite a bit of this in real life and it will continue to do well .

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
He sure did and invested his profits in a luxury apartment...im told it has loads of room inside and the views are stunning:yum::yum::yum:

Ohhhhh MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would I love one of THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

Seriously Im pretty damn good at calling out companies to invest in.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I did a quick look.
I'm up $567.

If I kept my same picks from the first contest, I'd actually be down about $120.

BigAl is up around $1800.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I did a quick look.
I'm up $567.

If I kept my same picks from the first contest, I'd actually be down about $120.

BigAl is up around $1800.

A couple more weeks...
I'm only up $197. If I kept my picks from the first contest, I'd be up $2748 for this period.

BigAl is up $2567.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have not participated in this round. Sorry, I guess I missed it.

But that said, I'm pretty much betting on another "correction" in the market because I see stocks as over valued. JMO