• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Hydraulic pump belt squals

waterman

I have just got my engine repaired on my tucker 1342, I notice that when I rev up the engine past idle that the hydraulic pump belt squals, The belt is a double belt and it is new, and adjusted tight, also the hydraulic lines and filter are very hot. I just got the tucker, but it just doesn't seam to be right making the noise.

Thanks, Brent

dpaulson

Hydraulic valves usually have an inlet and outlet port and cannot be reversed. On a open center hydraullic system this usually results in a 'dead head' and would cause those symptoms. Possibly the hoses on the pump or valves need to be reversed to correct this.

spencerhenry

you have a blockage, perhaps in your steering valve. dealt with a problem like this on a skidder recently. find the "hot" spot, the heat is coming from a restriction.

i am far from an expert, only speaking from my minimal experience. if it is getting hot, find where the heat is being generated and you will probably have found the problem.

waterman

It has a vicker pump with 3 connections, 2 on top and one at the bottom, the top 2 hoses, one goes to the steering selector the other goes to the return / filter (top of tank). the line from the selector goes to the return/ filter (top of tank).
It did have a set of lines going to the rear of the machine, 1 line at the bottom of the pump went to a set of levers in the cab, with a return line going to the pump suction line, which I removed.

Hope this helps

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sounds like you may need to allow that bottom line port to loop back to a return line to avoid the deadheaded section of the pump. Right now it is blocked creating heat.

ray green

Just be glad that you had a belt driven pump and not the gear driven pump because when you cross up the hoses you split the pump in half.
Ray