• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Marcellus Gas Wells

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, I know a lawyer is the answer and we have presented, I'm looking for personal experience with these wells beside the leasing issue presented.

Anyone signed into leases for Marcellus gas wells or benefited by a already drilled well. My interest is in lessee request for an existing lease amendment for unitization, a term used for pooling of landowners required for drilling a Marcellus well. Existing lease does not "cover" unitization.

Current lease does not cover "unitization" and of course the lessee now wants to cover this language. Although seeing the benefits for them, the amendment has to be agreed by both parties. Time to renegotiate?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is their way of using the state mandated distribution of royalties for adjoining property owners. When they drill on a neighbor they have a set scale depending on your land area and proximity to the well. I would be more concerned with language limiting your rights for damages from fracking regardless of where the well is located. My lease is up next March and they have been pushing hard for joining a pool of landowners to renegotiate. The Amish guy I bought from sold it dirt cheap before he moved. We don't expect any drilling around here for about 2 years due to environmental reviews that are dragging out in Albany. I can watch 2 wells getting started in Pa. from my living room right now.