• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fuel prices dropping/coronavirus

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't been to town to see what prices are. I have two 14 gallon gas dollies and an empty 5 gallon can that I could fill but the only things around here that use gas are the Gator and the vehicles. My car is full and my wife's is 3/4 full so I would never use all the extra stuff. It's hard enough already keeping track of it and rotating it now. I keep about 40 gallons for the generators. It looks as if I'll have to bypass a bargain and you have no idea how that hurts a Scotsman. :smileywac

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven't been to town to see what prices are. I have two 14 gallon gas dollies and an empty 5 gallon can that I could fill but the only things around here that use gas are the Gator and the vehicles. My car is full and my wife's is 3/4 full so I would never use all the extra stuff. It's hard enough already keeping track of it and rotating it now. I keep about 40 gallons for the generators. It looks as if I'll have to bypass a bargain and you have no idea how that hurts a Scotsman. :smileywac

Frank, the Valero on US 69 is $1.47. Everyone else is $1.49 :bolt:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Used the Jeep for the first time today since April 1. I filled it with gas on St. Patrick's Day and paid $2.59 per gallon. It still has 7/8 of a tank and I drove by numerous gas stations on the way to the grocery store advertising $1.79.

I never expected to get 5 weeks to a gallon of gas when I bought it. :th_lmao:

I expect the price to drop here further in the coming days.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I filled up a month ago at 94.6 cents per liter. It's hovering around 83 cents now.

In the past month I've only put on roughly 250kms. The ford gets roughly 900 kms to a tank.

leadarrows

Panting and preparing my tanks for a fill. I have 4 tanks that will hold a total of 2150 gallons of fuel. I am going to have one a month filled to spread out the cost so I hope fuel stays low for the next 120 days. I use a lot of fuel so this will be a great savings for me. So far my business have remand unaffected by all of this. I am slightly behind on anticipated mulch sales.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Panting and preparing my tanks for a fill. I have 4 tanks that will hold a total of 2150 gallons of fuel. I am going to have one a month filled to spread out the cost so I hope fuel stays low for the next 120 days. I use a lot of fuel so this will be a great savings for me. So far my business have remand unaffected by all of this. I am slightly behind on anticipated mulch sales.

You can make a delivery to me here in Vermont. :th_lmao:

I attempted to stop by the local home & garden center today to pick up some mulch and traffic was backed up out to the street. It was 60 degrees, sunny and it seemed like everyone was out today. Quarrantine be damned I guess.

I will try again next week when it is supposed to be rainy and colder.