• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB B12 wide body Bombardier- Will travel

B12 Coach Pilot

It's time to find my piece of the dream, a wide body B12. I'll be hittin' the road in a couple weeks in search for a Bombardier. I have a pretty good direction and plan, but any kind of help, suggestions, tips or nugget of info will be greatly appreciated. I expect thousands of miles might be involved, but you never know?

Medium to poor condition is my budget, and preferably not running. I'll be transporting it to Idaho.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thought there was one just one here as unique snowcat? Also there was one new england or maybe Eastern Canada?

Google is your best friend!

B12 Coach Pilot

Yep, that rig looks awesome! I love it, but I'm working on a touring coach for more people and will start from scratch(sort of). I'm hoping to find a B12 wide body from 52'ish-81'. That coach is great as it is and I plan to retrofit some modern power. I would hate to hack it up, but I wish I could buy it. Thanks for the link!

Woody_1

It's time to find my piece of the dream, a wide body B12. I'll be hittin' the road in a couple weeks in search for a Bombardier. I have a pretty good direction and plan, but any kind of help, suggestions, tips or nugget of info will be greatly appreciated. I expect thousands of miles might be involved, but you never know?

Medium to poor condition is my budget, and preferably not running. I'll be transporting it to Idaho.
Have you seen this one? I ran across it in Lima a couple years ago. It stuck out like a sore thumb. Maybe its still there.

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=46937&page=2:brows:

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would suggest getting ahold of Tony Karl of River City Equipment, Qweens Way, Fairbanks Alaska. He was the 'middle-man' for WESTERN Geophysical, a sizemic survey company that operated a fleet of two dozen of these. When they off-loaded the fleet he ended up with a truck load (containers, full) of parts and a dozen machines. He had, and probably still has, thick, Aluminum Diamond Plate floors that were a custom retro fit one piece aluminum, not a standard Bombardier part. Probably lots of other stuff, like tires, wheels, grousers,....
the entire fleet had been retrofitted with GM 6.2 liter diesels (originally 318 Chryslers). Thru him you can likely find a machine and quite a supply of parts. It was some years ago, but he had the wheel set for the front, transmissions, and the drive-line too. 'Western Geco' had retrofitted their fleet for Arctic Oil Exploration work with the diesel and 3 fuel tanks on the roof that held a total of 330 gallons of fuel. They were said to be capable of 40 to 45 MPH. I have a picture of a row of over a dozen machines lined up at his place taken about 1995. Fun to drive in new deep power. Steered kind of like a boat, some time delay in the response.

B12 Coach Pilot

Great info woody1 and lyndon. Thanks so much, I will follow those leads! The retrofitted diesels sound impressive. Boy thats a long way away! I work as a guide in Yellowstone and we have 8- B12's in our fleet. They are all retrofitted with chevy 5.3 feul injected and 6 speed tranny. We can cruise at 55mph, but not with any paying passengers! The gov't regulations are tight and they have to be clean and quiet. I'm spoiled and get to put 5000 miles a season in Yellowstone park. The gov't has a fleet of 20, but they aren't retrofitted and won't pass their own regs. Their ford mechanics have tried to retrofit 2 of them, but they won't run right. Our mechanic kicks ass and has been retrofitting these for more than 10 years. The bids to retrofit them by other companies are outragously huge($100,000) per coach. So what they are going to do with them is a mystery. With plenty of rumors too. Your lead for parts in Fairbanks is great Thanks again!

Last edited:

Woody_1

Here is Tony Carl's phone #. I haven't talk to him for awhile. I think it is still a good #. I'm in Fairbanks and can go by his shop Monday if need be. Here is the # I have 907-460-5361. My # is 907-388-0345 you can call me if you can't get a hold of Tony.:my2cents:

B12 Coach Pilot

That's great! I have a couple leads near me right now that we're working on. Our mechanic will also be interested in a possible parts supply. I will be curious of inventory and the situation those bombs. Thanks!

the old trucker

appears to be the same machine with a much lower price --

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1053622668

Re: WTB B12 wide body Bombardier- Will travel
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-othe...ationFlag=true

They are two different machines. The dashes are different.
If you are looking for ( NEW parts for these bombardiers ) here's the place to go.

Shaver & Sons Enterprises
75054 Sturgeon Rd,
Stonewall, MB R0C 2Z0
Phone- 204-467-2605
Fax # -
Email - dan57@mts.net

Complete Parts & Manufacturing
for Bombardier Snow Bus
Service and Repairs

B12 Coach Pilot

More great info! I'm happy to know that there so many more track addicts out there. I'm already looking forward to winter! Last winter was pretty lame and I never got to give my new SW48 anything to eat. Pray for snow!

oldsledz

Shoot me your email. I have a few leads on 2 wide gauges.

One being a 1963 with the 318 V8.

The other a 1967 also with the 318.