• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

tucker 442 for sale

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
listed in Dayton, Ohio craigslist, pair of Tucker's, both 442's unrestored, look like good restoration projects, the guy is asking 5500 and that seems to be a very good price, give him a call at 513 435 3958. will not last long !!!

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've inquired about that ebay tucker in the past. Up near my friend's house he drives by it regularly. Looked to sit around in the field a bunch and hauled maple sap. Hope it stays local.

Wonder what need wheel bearing means? wheel bearings????

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mr addict, bid and bid often, would look great in your house of tucker. as you know, if one tucker is good then two, three, four, five ?????

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Check out the track setup on the white one in dayton. Custom pontoon replacement?? Doesn't look like there are any rollers on the track.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
flea bay tucker was sold new to the ed gil company of tuxedo new york, it is 1966, model 442A, should have 1 inch rollers, and if half the rollers are good, it is worth current bid and then some, just to have good 1 inch rollers, fyi, 1 inch roller grousers are a different size than 3/4 inch roller grousers, anyway, rollers and grousers are worth more than current bid. happy bidding to all fellow grousers !!!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
listed in Dayton, Ohio craigslist, pair of Tucker's, both 442's unrestored, look like good restoration projects, the guy is asking 5500 and that seems to be a very good price, give him a call at 513 435 3958. will not last long !!!

fyi, the guy has an offer of 4500 for both machines, think they are going way cheap.

AdkSnowcat

Check out the track setup on the white one in dayton. Custom pontoon replacement?? Doesn't look like there are any rollers on the track.

It would be interesting to see what is going on there. Looks like structural steel was used to replace the pontoons. And no rollers? Looks like some wheels attached to the bottom steel?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My friend is actively involved at abenaki ski area. I am surprised that someone would want to keep that piece of history for the hill. If you read this history article it references that tucker: http://www.wolfeboronh.us/Pages/WolfeboroNH_Recreation/abenakihistory

"During the 1990's the slope was open more sporadically than in the past due to problems with aging equipment such as the old Tucker Snowcat. There were some lean snow years as well, and the number of skiers dwindled as it became a "hit or miss" situation. The cross-country ski trails, however, which run around the perimeter of the area, were consistently alive with many skiers each winter."

undy

I read that article in Powder mag when it first appeared. Abenaki reminds me of our local Tyrol Basin, another small town ski area that's somehow still in operation. Speaking as a local, I think it would be very cool to own a piece of history like that cat.

And who here can speak non-hypocritically against "aging equipment"? Isn't that sort of why we're here? :w00t2:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I think theres a lot of N.H. guys watching the E-bay machine!:smile: the problem around here theres not many places you can run them.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heard from the owner. Nobody on the historic side was interested so off it goes.

Actually we may all be quite surprised. And it did stay local (about 15 miles north of me actually). Just by complete dumb luck I was coming back from a lacrosse game this afternoon in Hopkington and this unit passed right in front of me. Followed it to it's home (that's not stalking is it?) and it ends up going to where the 443 I posted in the Nashua thread lives (along with a 1402 (?) and 2 old Kassbohrer's) :clap:

I'm guessing it will take a little while for the new owner to find his way with it, but it does run and I guided him here for more info and parts chasing! Hopefully he will chime in soon.:whistling:

jask

and it ends up going to where the 443 I posted in the Nashua thread lives (along with a 1402 (?) and 2 old Kassbohrer's) :clap:

I am surprised they are not a member here already.. sounds like they will fit right in here:smile:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice work! Going to need some pics of the rigs and especially the custom track setup.

Great deal

Southtowns27

Actually, I only brought the white one home. The orange one was totally roached. I did manage to get 3 of the 4 pontoons and tracks off that one though (sitting on the flatbed in the pic) and all the spare parts the guy had. The orange one was a '65. Driveshafts missing, tie rods bent, turntables welded, interior trashed, roof crushed,etc etc. It wasn't going to be worth another trip all the way down there for it. But, it is still there, less tracks. I think the guy is asking $800. Due to a thunderstorm, I wasn't able to grab the last pontoon off it...it's unbolted, just needs to be slid off. If somebody buys the carcass and heads up I-90 through Western NY, please drop the pontoon off for me!!!
Anyway, the white one ran when parked. Engine is currently stuck. When I finally get it running, I'm going to try it out with that track setup just to see how it works. Although, a part of me really wants to put pontoons back on it...

Southtowns27

No.. But, between good spares that he had and good usable rollers that came off the orange machine, I probably ended up with about 125 total. Probably more, just haven't counted

Hey Southtowns when you get a chance post some detailed pics of those track mods. I've seen a lot of conversions to rubber tracks but I can't recall seeing anything quite like yours where the original grousers/sprockets were utilized like this. Looks like an interesting concept they came up with!

Have fun with this one - looks like an interesting project regardless of which track system you settle on.:thumb:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think the hulk of the orange one would be great lawn art.

Don't send me the phone number.

I have a yard gallery now.

Mike

Last edited: