• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC 1450's front/rear cab only

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the 1450 in the garage, getting ready to take it apart...

If there is anyone interested in the front/rear full cab combo that was from factory - let me know. Has a hatch above front passenger cab.

Hate to see it going to the scrap yard.

Costs ? - great question - I have no idea, I assume it would be my cost of labor to remove it & cost of it at the scrap yard at least...

it will be this exact cab - all glass is in good shape!

IMG_0073.JPG

Snowcat Pat

I would like to have those, don't take it to the scrappies yet. Come up with some kind of $ number and lets talk.
-Pat

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would like to have those, don't take it to the scrappies yet. Come up with some kind of $ number and lets talk.
-Pat

Honestly, I'm not sure where to start even. I will be starting the work either today or later this week on removing the cabs, seems like it should be fairly easy to take them off. I have a place where I can store them temporarily if you wanted to take some time to get the logistics figured on how to come to pick it up.

Anyways, feel free to contact me via phone/text if need be

503-999-3244 direct

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
-Pat

Pat,

Cab has been removed from the cat and on my trailer.

It took 2 of us just over 6 hours to remove it.

Considering labor hours & its good overall condition, go ahead think it over on your end and shoot me an offer...

ANY OTHER TAKERS?

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Show us some pics of all that is included in the sale.
-Pat

So this is what I've got as of 07/24/2014 removed and ready for sale

1%2520%25282%2529.JPG

next I will be removing windshield frame, front clip that includes the headlight area & radiator part (part thats below the windshield frame & above the black lower portion - exterior only), the "black part" of the lower front end as well will be cut off, since I'll be fabbing all over new.

1%2520%25285%2529.JPG

Glass is NOT perfect, but no damage, just minor rock chips.

Door glass is good, weatherstripping had its best days thou, while still functional.

Wiper motors are removed (including arms) - they DO work - will sell them, but separately, unless price is right to include in the whole package.

p.s. I still have the old motors from my 1402 that are still functional, i've gone through them, relubed and put together...

1%2520%25284%2529.JPG

1%2520%25281%2529.JPG

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No headlights?
-Pat

Considering all the circumstances and probably a better idea to NOT scrap the cab, I've stored it at my sister's property until someone buys it,

I think its worth the money to the right buyer, we can all agree on that.

Headlights can be included as well, needed those removed for access.

I'm assuming that by next weekend, I should have all of the parts off the frame and ready for pick up -

Whoever is considering to purchase, go ahead and crunch your numbers and throw me offers either by phone or instant message through here (should come to my email).

I'm on/off in the mountains exploring Oregon with kids, so I'll get back to ya as soon as I could.

Thanks

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Front end clip - windshield frame & lower clip (headlights/heater/vents)

071.JPG

Had some guys take interest in the front end's lower part of the frame

Not sure how it will turn out, but I will be most likely cutting it out, to fab my own.

068.JPG

All these parts are stored and ready for pickup (except the lower black part of the front, should be out sometime within next 2 weeks)

503.999.3244 direct / nikorlov@gmail.com

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Arrgh!

When are you moving closer to Wisconsin.

I am going to start looking for a reason to haul something to Oregon/WA.

Maybe, just maybe... you never know.

who needs a Snow master, A model spryte, 601 or a pair of WR 450F's, A Scout, IH pickup.Allis chalmers model B (wide front)...........

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Arrgh!

When are you moving closer to Wisconsin.

I am going to start looking for a reason to haul something to Oregon/WA.

Maybe, just maybe... you never know.

who needs a Snow master, A model spryte, 601 or a pair of WR 450F's, A Scout, IH pickup.Allis chalmers model B (wide front)...........

All in its own time...

Are those what you are looking for? I've not had much offers, yet not in a rush to sell., just going to let this stuff sit on the trailer and wait for the right buyer...

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No, those Are items I have acquired over the years, Many need to go as I intend to down size a bit....

who needs:?( any of those items )

I would deliver them to the new owner and then visit you.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No, those Are items I have acquired over the years, Many need to go as I intend to down size a bit....

who needs:?( any of those items )

I would deliver them to the new owner and then visit you.

Got most of the stuff stripped off the cat, got to the front clip /nose that you wanted...

I'm not really sure on what is it or how you would want it, sine its all integrated into the main tub, and how did you plan on putting it back if I was to simply chop it off?

Nikson

How wide are the grousers on that machine. I need a template to get some guides made to widen my tracks.

Excited to see your progress.

Anthony

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nikson

How wide are the grousers on that machine. I need a template to get some guides made to widen my tracks.

Excited to see your progress.

Anthony

The whole track is like 28 in wide if I remember correct, I assume that grousers are about 26 or so, since they are not the full width of the actual track...

Let me know if you need any other pics or measurements,

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Figured I would give this a bump... with most of the decisions made on my side for the build, parts are FOR SURE on sale now.

Full front/rear cab, complete with even front lowers (although cut in a half) but parts are very usable.

Front upper clip where headlights are, heater core part along with the front part of the doghousing have been cut out.

If needed, pictures can be posted here.

Make your offers, if no takers, I will try ebay & CL. Cab currently on a trailer and ready for pick up/delivery within reasonable distance.

If anyone is interested and needs this delivered, I could make arrangements possibly for shipment as well.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Post up a photo of the scraps,
Windshield frame.
front cowl.
front floor Pcs.
Looking in my crystal ball, I think there is a trailer and truck headed this was soon.

Mike

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Post up a photo of the scraps,
Windshield frame.
front cowl.
front floor Pcs.
Looking in my crystal ball, I think there is a trailer and truck headed this was soon.

Mike

Mike,

I'll do my best to get that posted tomorrow.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gentleman,

Its all up online on the PicasaWeb album

https://picasaweb.google.com/106699530132893677699/DMC1450CUSTOMRESTORATION

Complete List as of right now:

Full factory cab (heater core/front doghousing been cut out - see pictures)
headlights
rear heater unit w/radiator
radiator (not pictured here)
battery box
windshield complete
wiper motors/arms
all glass intact, all locks work & included
mirrors
front seats (not pictured here)

might be missing something else - feel free to ask

Latest offer is $2500, I think $2k will take it home

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

and thats not cracked, just a wire behind the glass

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

image7.jpg

image12.jpg

image8.jpg

image11.jpg

image10.jpg

image9.jpg

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Here are them floor panels as Mike wanted I guess...

image18.jpg

image17.jpg

image13.jpg

image16.jpg

image15.jpg

image14.jpg

I think these are VERY USABLE in a case for someone needing them, there is minor rust in passengers side cornet, and the rest is in good working order.

I'll include the floor panels for anyone taking the whole package at the set price of $2k. In all the honesty, I've been thinking on the price and I guess its either taking the time to build this or taking these and just using them as already set and good...

Thus pricing is really DEMAND/SUPPLY based, parts arent requiring much storage costs or feeding costs for that matter, thus I'm not too hurting to sell them off for too cheap, yet dont really care to hold onto them either.

Hope this explains my reasoning on pricing. If someone cares to "credit card" the parts, I can take PayPal credit card payment, but you'll have to cover the commission difference.

Thanks everyone for looking/considering!!!

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
SOLD SOLD SOLD - went somewhere in Utah...

Thanks for sharing to those who did...