• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Who got the Freighter?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
snow drifter gave a demo at the Leavenworth jamboree. his words were "it's like watching paint dry"

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
on the road again with the tucker retrieval team

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 319

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
if your going to tease us . i'll do the same . I have $1500 special German snow trac tires freighted in arriving Tuesday.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My son was just asking what Jinn is doing last night. I now know what to tell him.

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
buffalo tuckers

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 283
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 281

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
These type roof racks are what NW Bell Telephone installed on all their Tuckers for carrying ladders. The box on the side held two one gallon cans, 90wt and hyd oil. The shovel and axe mounts were also a trade mark. The '59 we are restoring for Timberline was of the same outfitting.

Attachments

• IMG_5598.JPG
    IMG_5598.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 283

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the cats were sold originally to NW Bell Telephone, one going to Portland and the other to Seattle, really very solid and quite straight, both look like they would run with fresh gas and a new battery, good machines.

The Sweet Wbj1

GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome find! I am curios, how long and wide is your trailer. I was under the impression the tracks would not fit between the fenders of a trailer and that one needed a deck over trailer to haul them. I guess that was obviously wrong.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Pull Over Buddy!

O.K.,.. PULL OVER BUDDY, WHERES THE FIRE? this means you Glacierparkbus & Sno-Drifter! Your 'blastin-around' North america is burning up fuel faster than we can pump it down the Trans-alaska Pipeline! When that cheap Saudi Crude that everyone is buying runs out you'll be crying.
Snowed a couple of days ago, about an inch, It's snowing today, were expecting another inch. We still have some snow piles that are 20 feet high and cover 2 to 4 acres. Ho, ho, ho, I love the Snow! and it's JUNE!
How come that beautiful Tucker Tank that Bill and Mary had didn't end up in one of your collections?

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome find! I am curios, how long and wide is your trailer. I was under the impression the tracks would not fit between the fenders of a trailer and that one needed a deck over trailer to haul them. I guess that was obviously wrong.

400 series are under 6 1/2 feet wide. 500 are 8. 700 are 7 1/2.

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
Minor point, but if the Tuckers were purchased in the late 50s then Pacific Bell was the original owner. In '61 Oregon, Washington, and part of Idaho were spun off into a newly-created operating company called Pacific Northwest Bell (PNB).

My first job out of college was designing point-to-point microwave radio systems for PNB. The old TD-2 analog radio systems were the backbone of AT&T's long distance telephone network and a ton of those sites were built in the late 50s and early 60s. I'm sure these cats were purchased to access those sites. I never saw these particular machines (I worked for PNB in the early 80s), but I did ride in a two-track (probably an Imp) to access a radio site outside of Klamath Falls. It would be fun to find a machine still sporting telco markings.

Ron

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Re: Pull Over Buddy!

O.K.,.. PULL OVER BUDDY, WHERES THE FIRE? this means you Glacierparkbus & Sno-Drifter! Your 'blastin-around' North america is burning up fuel faster than we can pump it down the Trans-alaska Pipeline! When that cheap Saudi Crude that everyone is buying runs out you'll be crying.
Snowed a couple of days ago, about an inch, It's snowing today, were expecting another inch. We still have some snow piles that are 20 feet high and cover 2 to 4 acres. Ho, ho, ho, I love the Snow! and it's JUNE!
How come that beautiful Tucker Tank that Bill and Mary had didn't end up in one of your collections?
Please save a Tucker or two for the guys that would be Happy with ONE example in there collection!

Sno-Surfer

Awesome! You guys are all over it! This should keep you busy for a while.
I'm still daydreaming about next years snow cat event!

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Off on a tangent here about leads.....
Years back I asked the same question of another member that seemed to fall into all the cool stuff.....

the answer is "they find me....."

I can share that after 6-7 years of kicking over the snow machines in and out of the yard here at the compound, I can say that there is some truth to the they find me path.

$.02 worth Mike

OK, I am only going to show you one time, and it aint brain science or rocket surgery,

HERE'S YOUR SIGN:

Attachments

• DSCN2696.jpg
    DSCN2696.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 527
  • DSCN2697.jpg
    DSCN2697.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 534

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
what is the orange box with the pointed end between the cat and the trailer?

That wood be a very early tow behind the Sno-Cat trailer before they were made with steel stamped sides. The pull end is up. This trailer was sold by Harry Truman with the 1949 420 and they have stayed together.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Is this one of your Buffalo Tucker Soldiers?

April Newsletter from Tucker half way down the pdf.

Attachments

• Buffalo Tucker.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 2,192