• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Home built tractor?

dzalphakilo

Banned
Anyone ever see a home built tractor?

One nice gentleman I've socialized with at a nursing home has an old black and white picture of himself sitting on, for better lack of terms, a home made tractor. The machine is pretty BIG and one of the most interesting looking pieces of "home made junk" I have ever seen. I don't use the term junk in a negative term, just the only honest description I can think of. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen a home made tractor?

The gentleman is getting up there on age, and at times I really can't understand him, but God, it's one of the most interesting home built machines I've seen.

ghautz

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Back when I was in Boy Scouts, a group of us was working on a ranch which had been recently donated to the Scouts for a camp. We spent a day or two helping a neighboring rancher with his haying operation. He had two or three tractors which he had converted from Model A Fords, as I recall. One of his favorite jokes was mentioning the factory service manual whenever one needed fixing.