• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What’s with all the chick fights?

elsmitro

floppy member
All these video taped beatings by children… And it seems to be more girls than boys acting stewpit now days. Are they all victims of society? Are the parents not trying? Maybe it’s video games, or Ozzy?
Do any of you watch those “Nanny” programs on Mon. & Fri.? I like to watch them because those kids are really out there and the ‘so called’ parents can’t figure out why. Most of the time it seems to be because the kids have never had any rules, boundaries, or an azz whoopin!
I think if most of these kids had parents that gave a damn they would never end up like that. To many ‘supposed’ adults want to be there children’s friend first and parent last.
My wife hates the idea that our “baby” boys are now interested in girls and are thinking about what kind of cars they want. I’m not in any hurry to see them go either. I truly think that our children are the meaning of life. But, watching them turn into productive adults, with good educations and nice little families will be our greatest accomplishment. We still have a ways to go before we get there… But, I think that by encouraging their interest in academics and by being involved in their after school activities, things should turn out OK with minimal drama.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I saw a news blip of two teen aged girls going at it. Crazy. I tend to agree, it's the parents fault. I saw something in our local paper where a mom called the police because she was abused by her teen age son. He went on a rampage because she asked him to clean his room. He hit her in the stomach and had a gun and threatend to kill her. I sure do not know this particular situation, but it makes me think of a lax parent who let the kids do as they please, was more interested in being the kids friend, then when they try to put their foot down once the kid enters teen years it is way to late. So sad! It's not easy being a parent, you need backbone or else you'll suffer from your lack of backbone for the rest of your life. The kids will make sure of that.
As for
smitty said:
things should turn out OK with minimal drama.
I wish you luck, but as teenagers they seem to have a way of bringing drama of all sorts. The good part is, when you've done a good job parenting the drama will subcide and things will return to normal sooner than a home where the parents did not do a good job of parenting. However, as we all know, there are exceptions to every rule. Easy for me to say ....all my 3 kids are out of the teen years. :dancing: :dancing: