• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

glow in the dark fish ??

SShepherd

So, japan is now giving a limit on how much radioactivity is acceptabe to eat in fish??

I'm not trying to be all spooky and scarey about it, but doesn't that seem a bit odd?

fukashima is dumping huge ammounts of very radioactive water in the ocean, itsn't that illegal according to international law?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
As I recall, Japan had no law on how much Iodine was considered acceptable in fish. Basically, eat whatever you want.

Now, they're putting a limit on it (like we have) for the safety of the people.

As for dumping in the ocean, my guess is there's some laws but they're probably related to intentional dumping. That's not saying that after this mess is over they're off the hook. There may be some substantial fines.

SShepherd

considering that the japanese rely on the ocean for a mojority of their diet, either they'll be importing alot soon, or turn into a vegan society:unsure:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
considering that the japanese rely on the ocean for a mojority of their diet, either they'll be importing alot soon, or turn into a vegan society:unsure:
I seen on the news last night that the majority of the albatross ( SP ) fish that is used in canned tuna & other products used in the US come from japanese waters . Makes one wonder how anything will be regulated , not like we need more regulating though . :unsure:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
albacore ?

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979192768

Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Radiation Contaminated Albacore Tuna Heading to U.S.

While the U.S. FDA is checking any food imported from Japan for radiation, this tuna won't be imported. A group of concerned fishermen in Washington wants the government to test these tuna when they arrive on the West Coast later this

btw....

an albatross is a bird :wink::flowers:
Gotcha Shep , I knew it was one a them alba sumpin critters . :yum:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
fukashima is dumping huge ammounts of very radioactive water in the ocean, itsn't that illegal according to international law?

The wording is all wrong. Fukashimi is dumping small amounts of highly radioactive water into the ocean.

Big difference.

Dilution my friend, dilution. And then consider half life. I could fart with you in the room, or I could fart with you in a convention center. I still farted, but would you know it?

Something that hasn't been brought up yet, is those very real, very numerous, and often avoided studies showing that the survivors of Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Chenobyl, spectators of military tests on all sides, have shown that in fact, increases in radiation exposure tend to reduce the amount of cancer and other ailments.

I know most of you probably do not agree, and I frankly do not have the time to prove it to you, but the MSM and anti-nuke crowd have been VERY effective and not letting those studies into the general public's realm. They are out there. And not just Argonne studies, but many countries' studies, University studies, etc.

SShepherd

The wording is all wrong. Fukashimi is dumping small amounts of highly radioactive water into the ocean.

Big difference.

Dilution my friend, dilution. And then consider half life. I could fart with you in the room, or I could fart with you in a convention center. I still farted, but would you know it?

Something that hasn't been brought up yet, is those very real, very numerous, and often avoided studies showing that the survivors of Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Chenobyl, spectators of military tests on all sides, have shown that in fact, increases in radiation exposure tend to reduce the amount of cancer and other ailments.

I know most of you probably do not agree, and I frankly do not have the time to prove it to you, but the MSM and anti-nuke crowd have been VERY effective and not letting those studies into the general public's realm. They are out there. And not just Argonne studies, but many countries' studies, University studies, etc.

I probably could hear it ( insert media analogy here ):yum:

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought the Albacore was diesel / electric? not nuke

9f1f63d851e23026_landing

http://www.ussalbacore.org/html/virtual_tour.html

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
^^^ Had to think "why?" for a bit. Ha! Nice play.

How about that though, the Albacore was the start of the Nuke sub program, and attained a reported underwater speed of 40 knots. 40+ years ago. And they say the modern subs are 30+ knots. I guess that's the truth, but not the whole truth!

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
^^^ Had to think "why?" for a bit. Ha! Nice play.

How about that though, the Albacore was the start of the Nuke sub program, and attained a reported underwater speed of 40 knots. 40+ years ago. And they say the modern subs are 30+ knots. I guess that's the truth, but not the whole truth!

It is a neat thing to go on.
It is small the diesel engines are vertical which I thought was odd but the whole boat is different as being a test hull.

tom