• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol IMP - Pittsburgh PA for sale (AGAIN)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Earlier this year a Thiokol Imp sold on Ebay. The guy who bought it is now selling it.

Here is his Ebay Auction. Funny thing, but the bidding is currently at the same price it sold for a little while back. I wonder if he used an alias to bid up his auction so he gets his money back out of it? He is even using the exact same photos as were on the auction when he purchased it.

Attachments

• 5c_1.JPG
    5c_1.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 90_1.JPG
    90_1.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 207

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm thinking the current seller is the same person (under a different name) as the person that sold it earlier this year.

He sold it to himself when the auction ended 3/16. He didn't like the highest bid so he won it so he could re-list. It probably cost him $80 to do this.

The pics, location... are all identical.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brian, did you ever trade any email with the original seller? If so, maybe you could contact this guy and find out what the scoop is?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't contact him.

I bid on the first one but wasn't too serious about it. I don't need another machine right now...

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I just got word from him today. He seems to be located in CO. but the vehicle is still in PA (st least thats my conclusion so far). He told me he bought it to run skiers up to 12,000 in Colorado but knows it wont work for what he needs now. He had a mechanic look at the unit and that it ran good and the brakes worked. The grousers and belts were in good shape. I do find it odd that you would buy a snowcat for that use and not know that this particular model SUCKS in anything approaching deep snow. Even worse he had visions of hauling skiers up to 12,000 feet in an 1404 IMP in that beautiful Champaign snow Colorado Gets????????? Nevada along with a few other states get Champaign snow which will just SUCK YOUR snowcat in if it is not designed for DEEEP POWDER! The story sounds a bit fishy but have seen people do crazier things I guess. It would be a good buy for $3,500 if nothing is wrong and it was within reasonable driving distance.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
I just got word from him today. He seems to be located in CO. but the vehicle is still in PA (st least thats my conclusion so far).
In his e-bay feedback, the last thing he sold was in Avon, CO so I guess that does make sense.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
We decided that a snowmobile with a sled is a better way to haul skiers up the mountain... that is why we have decided to sell. Where do you operate your cats? We will be skiing on Vail Pass.

It is still in PA.

This was his response to my baited question. He has no Ski buisness. No way. If he will LIE about what he bought it for then he would lie about its condition. No thanks.

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You may be being too hard on him.There are at least 7 privately owned non-commercial cats hauling skiers on Vail Pass, mine included. We use the groomed snowmobile trails so most days deep powder performance isn't as necessary as you might think.