• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tools forum

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
How about a forum for tools?

Discussions could include:
Cheap vs expensive
Brands
What tool you need

Just a thought
thanks

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a huge box full of broken cheap hand tools; whatcha need? :eek:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
Big spanners :D

Hmm, it's interesting you said that. I don't know if you're joking or not, but I do have 2 or 3 broken big spanner wrenches! :( At one time I owned a couple of dozers and did most of the work on them myself. When I was rebuilding the lift cylinders I went to a junk tool place called Harbor Freight (quit laughing!!) and bought some spanner wrenches. However many came in the kit is how many I have that are broken. Frickin' junk tools!!!!!!!:moon:

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Nah, seriously, I have nothing over 14mm or 5/8, I'd be happy with even some junkers right now

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
Nah, seriously, I have nothing over 14mm or 5/8, I'd be happy with even some junkers right now

Oh my... Either things are very small in the UK or you need more tools.
10mm is about the smallest size over here and when you reach 14mm, you're now just moving out of electrical connections.
17mm is where things start on equipment.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Ive been using sockets or my HUGE adjustable for anything over that.
Smallest here is about 6-8mm (1/4 +)