• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone Here Own a 6X6 ATV?

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Does a 6 x 6 Foden gun tractor help, though I wouldn't call it all terrain as it does like to go digging on muddy ground!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice Queen said:
Does a 6 x 6 Foden gun tractor help, though I wouldn't call it all terrain as it does like to go digging on muddy ground!

Why don't you post some photos and let us judge! :weneedpic

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
There us a picture (not very good) of the Foden in my picture gallery, don't know yet how to post them on here!

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
There are probably more variations of wheeled and tracked vehicles in this country than any where else.
Although I have never owned one I have used a few and this is what I can offer.
The Max. Pretty weak in power and I've seen axles broken off and chains break pretty regularly.
The Polaris. Big, heavy and difficult to maneuver. In addition, I just don't like the belt drive. They do slip when wet, I don't care what the manufacturer says. One almost left me in the middle of a river once while riding through overflow.
If you are using them in a farm setting or for work them I can see it as an option but in the woods tracked vehicles and 4X4 ATV's are best.
My 3 cents...
Inflation ya know...:rolleyes:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I remembered seeing these types of ATVs as a kid. Does anyone here have any experience with them? Argo ATV
Bonehead

I had an older "Terria Tiger" with a JLO engine. They were made pretty popular in the 1960's TV show the "Banana Splits".....

Fun to drive around on, but I wouldn't want to go back into the deep woods with one. They all have pretty low clearace and if you get into some wet bottomless mud (ok, just deep), they high center and are really stuck! As long as you are fairly flat ground they are ok. They make plastic tracks for them, but they don't appear to have much life for the price you pay for them... As far as going out and buying a new one, I can get a fleet of Fourwheelers or another couple of Imps...

Suppose to be able to go from land to water, but it better be really still water because if you go into a moving creek, you spin out of control and will end up where you don't want to be....

Like Alaska120 said, tracks or a fourwheeler is just fine with me....