• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

service tank question

scooterd

How many gallons of fuel can you carry in a service tank without a haz mat endorsement or placard? Does it make a differance if it is plumbed into your pickups fuel system? I would like to take the pump off my 140 gal service tank and plumb it in to my fuel system to increase my range and try to save a few bucks!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It depends on the state you live in. Check with your local DPS.

Here in Texas I think that it's 115 gallons. That allows you to carry two 55 gallon drums and still be legal. As for a service tank, some are certified to be used as an auxiliary fuel tank by the DOT and some are to be used only as transfer tanks. It depends on the certification.

scooterd

Thanks, I'll contact the ND DOT and see what they have to say. We are getting ready to head to NJ. 110 gal plus the 30 the truck holds should get me about 2250 miles. In that distance, I should be able to find reasonably priced fuel!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Thanks, I'll contact the ND DOT and see what they have to say. We are getting ready to head to NJ. 110 gal plus the 30 the truck holds should get me about 2250 miles. In that distance, I should be able to find reasonably priced fuel!

Man I would have to stop and go to the bathroom long before that. I have to be sipping on a soda all the time.

So how does one live in Minnesota but have a North Dakota Address? I would complain. :hide:

scooterd

We live 1/4 mile from the Red River. That is the border between MN and ND. The post office is in Drayton ND, also located right along the river. There is one other town just south of here that is the same way, except the ND residents have a MN address. It's really a pain in the neck to buy a MN resident fishing or hunting license when all of your ID's have a ND address.

Leave the soda at the store and you wouldn't have to stop so often!:whistling:

Just kidding! Bathroom breaks are allowed, but five dollar fuel is not.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 91

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have been as far north as Grand Forks in ND that I know of. Was just there last spring.

redragtop

You were only 45 miles south of us then.

Oh yea bathroom breaks are allowed, to wake up from his nap! He sleeps while he drives, he sleeps while I drive. :hide: