• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Artic Cat 300

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
A friend of mine is looking at a used Artic Cat 300 ATV. It is a 2001, 4 wheel drive, has 3000 miles on it and in great shape. They want $2,500 for it.

I personally would shy away because it is only a 300 but maybe for him it would be ok especially with younger kids. I guess to me because of it's size I think it is a bit high in price. What does others think here?

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
A 300 isn't a bad size.

Being a 2001, I believe the engine is the Suzuki which is a plus.

The price is in the range but maybe just a little high. To get a quick ballpark on its value, I just take the price new and depreciate at $1.00 per mile. Yep, they depreciate at about that rate... I believe that machine was about $5K new. Being in good shape, the price is OK.

Check the boots over the CV joints. For some reason, I've seen a lot of Artic Cat's rip them (or it could just be the driver/conditions).

Morepwr

My personal experience with Arctic Cat and Suzuki has been very bad. they should come with a tow ropes..

nothing wrong with 300cc bike, (unless your buddy's over 200lbs) your not going to break any land speed records, but they are a fun, lightweight size quad to ride.

On the cv boots tearing..I believe that the axles are made in Korea...

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morepwr said:
My personal experience with Arctic Cat and Suzuki has been very bad. they should come with a tow ropes..
I won't say that an Artic Cat is of the same quality as a Suzuki but until about 2 years ago, I had 6 Suzuki ATV's (and 1 Kaw) in my barn. I've never had any problems with any of them. I still have 4 of the Suzuki's and they're all running fine.

My neighbor has 2 Artic Cats. A 250 and a 500. He's over 200# but the 250 still gets him around fine. Agreed that you're not going to set any land speed records but the 250 still does about 40 mph.

Wannafish

Floppy Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I just can't resist replying. A 300 cc quad is not a kids quad. We have a 200 and a 350 (both yamahas) - I am over 200 lbs and the 350 will still hit 50 mph. Never rode a 'cat so can't comment there.
:letitsnow: