• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Where's the Oil Forum ?

AndyM

Charter Member
Just stopped in to say hello...
No time anymore to hang out like I used to at the other place, but I hope to drop in every now and then.:)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
hey Andy,
Glad to see you here! Welcome to the newest forum on the web!

An oil forum huh? I knew it would come up but I figured it would be gsrx ...

Thanks for joining and posting!!!

Doc (aka Moon of Ohio) ....I also use moon on here, that is my junior member id. :)

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Andy...... these Forums are going to be slick enough without a Oil Forum. We are not going to be competing with TBN, but are going to allow grown up discussion and not dumb down the threads to the point that people will not be allowed to have opinions. These Forums are for grown ups....... no children allowed as far as I am concerned. Also, if anyone finds a particular topic offensive, they have the right to just ignore the thread. We are not going to be removing content because one person thinks it is offensive and another with different views doesn't. We are working on the details of how to define any threads that might be offensive by having a marking system in the title. That way, no one can be offended, because the choice to view will be their own. I can promise you that no one will go out of their way to be offensive just for the thrill of being offensive. It is just that different people with divergent views will all have a say when they post and speak their minds. Welcome aboard...... Junk..

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junkman said:
These Forums are for grown ups....... no children allowed as far as I am concerned.

Oh well... :( See 'ya guys. At least I got a couple posts in before the rules were established. :eek:

AndyM

Charter Member
Doc said:
hey Andy,
Glad to see you here...

An oil forum huh? I knew it would come up but I figured it would be gsrx ...

Hmmmm...
Don't tell me he's over here too... I'm just starting to get settled in over here!

Last edited:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
AndyM said:
Hmmmm...
Don't tell me he's over here too... I'm just starting to get settled in over here!

Okay, I'll "play" him. You got yer PE, PH, DEH, FBI, and ATF count way off. Your dino oil is shit. Any questions?! If you do, you're wrong!:D Go try your 4 ball scar test one more time.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Haha ....made me laugh outloud. Good one Dargo!

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
I never really understood all that oil stuff, seems to me like you just put slippery stuff in your engine and it goes. You can tell I dont visit the oil forums.

One thing though, dont put veg oil in your sump, it kinda deep fries your crank, see attached, its a Kohler......

Attachments

• Veg oil kohler 2.jpg
    Veg oil kohler 2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 307

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:
I never really understood all that oil stuff, seems to me like you just put slippery stuff in your engine and it goes. You can tell I dont visit the oil forums.

One thing though, dont put veg oil in your sump, it kinda deep fries your crank, see attached, its a Kohler......

Mith, I'm with you... I can spell OIL (or if the fill cap is upside down, the "710" cap) but that's about it for me.

Dargo knows a lot about oil so we can use him as our "resident expert".

Do I dare ask why you put in veg oil?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mith said:

Mith, I believe I have one simple question. WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THAT?:confused:

Wait, I think it might fall into that "girl logic" topic?:D

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Well it felt just as slippery as the stuff from the parts store, and a lot cheaper. :eek: :rolleyes:

AndyM

Charter Member
Dargo said:
Okay, I'll "play" him. You got yer PE, PH, DEH, FBI, and ATF count way off. Your dino oil is shit. Any questions?! If you do, you're wrong!:D Go try your 4 ball scar test one more time.

You forgot to mention that diesel engines aren't any good and anyone who buys an American car is an idiot. You also must repeat your views OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER within 20 minutes of someone trying to post to the contrary.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, you're right. Oh yes, one other thing, i ned tu mak sur that I imspell a fare amont to. I gotta unload that cumnins o mine that puts out over 1100 ft. lbs. of torque. My bike will haul my 14k trailer just fine!:D

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I better quit. Somebody will invite him over here and he will likely fail to see the humor in my posts.:eek:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dargo said:
I better quit. Somebody will invite him over here and he will likely fail to see the humor in my posts.:eek:

So what?:eek: