• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What a day.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Today started out like any other average Saturday. Get up, have a nice breakfast with the wife and then take care of the horses. After that, take care of a few small projects and run a couple errands before a buddy shows up and we light off a couple hundred rounds of .22 and 9mm just for fun.

While we are making noise, we have three new boarder horses arrive to live with us for the winter. The wife and the owner of the horses get them unloaded and put into their paddock to give them time to get used to the place.

After we are done shooting, we are cleaning up our guns and putting away all our stuff when my wife calls out that one of the new horses is laying down on the ground, and if I could come over to help calm her down so she can get her feet under her and stand back up.

So I go over and start soothing the horse, and she stops thrashing around and relaxes some......then relaxes some more......and more......

Then the damn horse is DEAD! :4_11_9:

Right in front of a bunch of us. The new horse that had only been on my farm for a few hours is now laying in my barn dead!

So now we spend several hours tracking down the owners and dealing with the arraingments to have the horse removed tomorrow morning. The only redeeming value is the owners were not too upset because they had actually considered having the horse put down prior to moving them to our place. She was 24 years old and not in great health anymore.

We are still kind of in a little bit of shock as this is the first horse we have had die on our property.

:smileywac

Dave