• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Stocks......

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Light bulb

As a stockholder in Halliburton, I resent the implication that a fine company like that would accept a contract for $1Billion to change a light bulb. They might do it for a $1Billion sign on bonus to a $3Billion dollar contract, but never for just $1Billion.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I bailed on Halliburton and took my $10 per share. Now if it comes back down, that is another chance to become one of my picks of the day. Take a look at CENT it is making a steady climb and a very sound company. Only mistake I made on that one was taking my profits too soon.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
How/why did this post get out here all by its lonesome?

Whoa! It was in your "points to ponder" just a second ago. :eek:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
bczoom said:
How/why did this post get out here all by its lonesome?

Hey, now Bob has a "points to ponder" thread all by himself like you, but you can't get into his thread...

Okay, Bob, what are you doing?!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Bob's not doing it..... I am!!

The magic of the Junkman to make things happen. When you see something that is out of place, it is only out there for a few moments. I was splitting the thread, then copying the split thread back to its original place, moved it to the wrong thread, moved it back to being a lone thread, put it back where it originally belonged, posted my reply to the new thread, and all this in just a few key strokes. Now, if I am able to do this on this forum, why does the other forum dump all posts to a thread after only one is deleted? Makes you wonder who has the better software?????? :moon:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
All I did was hit the POST REPLY button and type. I just figured that Junkman has been moving things around to keep us hopping! I didn't realize I broke the internet;) I'm sure Al Gore is really pissed at me right now.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Something's going on...
I too saw that it listed Bob as the thread started on the Points to Ponder thread.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
When you see things moving about, give me time to finish my moves. I hate to be interrupted when I am coitusing up things. Your are creating coitus interruptus when you post prematurely.. :whistle:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I still think Bob did it. I'm calling Al Gore!

It was nice of you to take up for him though. Still, it's not nice for him to break the internet! :happybday