• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ATV Junkyards

JimR

Charter Member
Anyone know any really big ATV recycling places where I can find a frame for a 2001 Suzuki LT-F500FK? I bought this 4x4 on saturday for $500.00. The frame is wacked really bad. I was able to straighten it out as well as can be expected. It drives pretty good. I'd just feel better knowing that it had a perfectly good frame under it. A new one is $978.00 delivered. I did post a wanted ad on a few websites and a website that is supposed to have a nationwide listing for recyclers. TIA, Jim R.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's going to be a tough one...

I'll keep my eyes open.

Any other parts you need for that ATV? I had the same ATV but a 2000 model. Although I sold the ATV, I still have lots of OEM and aftermarket parts. I'm pretty sure I have a full exhaust, both floor pegs (where your feet go), a pair of front hubs/rotors. I may have some U-joints and other parts.

I have a whole bunch of accessories for that ATV. Anything from a windshield, to light bar, heated hand grips, racks and bags, cup holders, spot lights, rear-view mirrors, GPS or similar holder... I may be able to come up with a pair of tires/rims as well.

Here's a pic of mine before I sold it. Just about every accessory was removed (to get it in the price range of the buyer).

Attachments

• MVC-545F.jpg
    MVC-545F.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 177

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here's a pic of mine before I sold it. Just about every accessory was removed (to get it in the price range of the buyer).

I suppose you had hand warmers along with that windshield also:poke: :respect:

Gee around here you get razzed (sp) pretty good for having a windshield.

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suppose you had hand warmers along with that windshield also:poke: :respect:

Gee around here you get razzed (sp) pretty good for having a windshield.

murph
Murph,

Bought but never installed the hand warmers. The windshield was needed so I could see in the winter without having to wear a helmet when towing the kids on the toboggan. With a helmet on, it was too hard to watch the kids but I needed protection from snow and such. I'm getting pretty old and get cold easier than I used to.

Sorry for going off topic Jim... Now, where to get a frame. I did some searches but everything I came up with was either $1000 or a post made by you at various places searching for one.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Murph,

Bought but never installed the hand warmers.

Someone had to give you some grief. :poke:

Jim
I know of a place that might have or might know of a place that might have one. I will call them tonight and see if they know of one laying around some place.

murph

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know of a place that might have or might know of a place that might have one. I will call them tonight and see if they know of one laying around some place.
Hey Murph, when did you start writing tongue-twisters?

JimR

Charter Member
I did find one used frame. The price is $500.00 plus $100.00 shipping. For that price I might just bite the bullet and put a new frame under it for $978.00. At least it will have fresh paint and no damage.

BZ, as for Acc. I have the front and back racks, a front brush bar with lights, foot pegs and four brand new tires on it. No need for a windshield for me either. I may be interested in the spare parts. I haven't really checked this one out yet. I am just having fun with it.

Hat's off to you guys for checking for a frame for me.

JimR

Charter Member
Here's a picture of mine before I stretched the frame back out, welded it up and put the front fenders back on it. I still need to wash it and clean it up. I went field hopping with it yesterday and came back with a ton of milkweeds all over it.

Attachments

• Suzuki1.jpg
    Suzuki1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 204
  • Suzuki2.jpg
    Suzuki2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 201

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't enlarge the pics so I can't tell the extent of the twisting/bending.

In the front-end picture (I can't tell):
Does it have a bad toe-out condition?
Are the handlebars bent? I believe I have a new handlebar but it's for a LT-F250. I believe they're very similar (but I think mine has a cross-bar). I can take pics/measurements if you need a new one.

JimR

Charter Member
The original owner drove out into the street and hit a car with it. In the first picture there is a vertical frame bar coming down behind the front tire. The main frame pipe was broken clean where this bar meets the lower frame. In the second picture the right front tire is back about 8-10 inches due to a severe inward buckling of the frame. I strapped the buggy to a 3 foot tree and using straps and my pickup pulled the frame back out. I must have done a pretty good job as it drives straight and does not pull. I was also able to put the front end plastics back on without forcing any holes to line up. I can tell the frame is still tweeked a bit as the front fenders do not meet the gas tank plastic the way it should. I did have to do a lot of welding to fix the cracks everywhere after pulling the frame out. The bars have a minor tweek to them. I think they will be fine once I swap out the frame. It does drive down the road straight at 35mph without any pulling.

JimR

Charter Member
I think it looks like a customized golf cart. I'm sure many on the course would be very jealous.

Anyway, back to a frame. I got a call from one place today that said they had a frame. I returned the call later on. They said we can sell you a new frame for $900.00 plus $250.00 for shipping. The guy says we can beat any dealer price by 15% or more. Yeah right, of course you can. You will make it up on the shipping costs. Man, he must think people are really stupid or something. I then proceeded to tell him that I can get a new frame delivered to my door for $978.00. His reply was, Well, give us a call if you need one, click.