• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac 1200 to 1600

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
ive been getting pict 30/32s from carcraft inc in riverside ca they have served me fine. you might give ron a call and see what he recommends for your engine based on cid and cam.

luvthemvws

The "road most traveled" and thus the safest/easiest will be the PICT 30/32 with an SVDA distributor (Single Vacuum Dual Advance). This will sacrifice power over 3600 rpm, but is simple, durable and easy to tune.
Sadly, the vast majority of aftermarket performance parts need a great deal of modifications to make them function properly.
If you are the sort of person with a knack for mechanical things, and have the time and tools to devise and perform the modifications, then substantial power increases can be achieved.
But if you are not well-versed in the idiosyncrasies of performance VWs then keep it near-stock and you will have far fewer frustrations.
And of PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE is to keep the intake manifold heating system complete and functional!!
I recommend you consult John at aircooled.net for performance parts and guidance. He has excellent parts and advice.

Nemo

Getting there.

Attachments

• 38783907-37BE-4949-8D54-F7CEA51FBDAC.jpg
    38783907-37BE-4949-8D54-F7CEA51FBDAC.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 200

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
looking good.it should smoke a little when the paint burns off the muffler. the side plate is off that you remove to adjust your valves.
are you going to sun valley? we should have at least 6 snow tracks at it.
jim

Nemo

The wife fell down the stairs, 8 busted ribs, broken wrist, fractured vertebrae. I’m home 24/7 got an apron and a nurse’s hat. Maybe next year. Sounds like fun though.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife fell down the stairs, 8 busted ribs, broken wrist, fractured vertebrae. I’m home 24/7 got an apron and a nurse’s hat. Maybe next year. Sounds like fun though.

I’m so sorry to hear this. Broken ribs are no fun at all :( i only broke 4 a few years ago and I was miserable.

Jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
dam,i feel lucky . my wife still has a splinted wrist and not set yet from a fall Friday afternoon. she just asked me what I want for dinner. she has been scooting around like fred flinstone using her feet for power in a wheelchair. normally she uses a walker because of bad feet but can't with the bad wrist.
jim

Nemo

System is 6 volt, carburetor is 12 volt so I have no choke.

Attachments

• 9E71C514-DC8D-4FFA-8735-A147973339B1.jpg
    9E71C514-DC8D-4FFA-8735-A147973339B1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 147

Snowy Rivers

Nemo...so terribly sorry to hear about the missus...

Send her our best....a big hug too..

One busted rib is miserable...but 8...OH MY.