• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 1544 hub wheel pattern

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
would like to remove the track setup and set the 1544 on wheels/tires meanwhile doing the engine install.,

Whats the info on the bolt pattern for the wheels? any suggestions on what is best spare tire set donor?

I'm thinking of running over to a local junk yard maybe and get some of the pizza-cutter spares or something within that line.

Didnt see any other threads specific to this topic/subject.

HankScorpio

I think my Tucker is the standard 8x6.5 like on pickups. I have not bolted one on but I seem to remember pulling a tape on it while I had my track carriers off. I will check this weekend. What year is your tucker? Mine is 84 with belted tracks.

olympicorange

…….. the sprockets bolt onto the ''drive'' hubs with a 6 bolt stud pattern,... which can be tricky to find …. most of the rims with a large enough center hole … are 8 lug rims. they're more readily avail.,... than the 6 bolt pattern. I drill/cut the 6 holes in the rims to center and align . if you plan to test drive unit ,on the wheels, then you will have to be precise …. :smile:

HankScorpio

…….. the sprockets bolt onto the ''drive'' hubs with a 6 bolt stud pattern,... which can be tricky to find …. most of the rims with a large enough center hole … are 8 lug rims. they're more readily avail.,... than the 6 bolt pattern. I drill/cut the 6 holes in the rims to center and align . if you plan to test drive unit ,on the wheels, then you will have to be precise …. :smile:

Isn't the pattern just 8 lug with 2 studs removed? Mine isn't symmetrical 6, just 3 studs, skip 1 and 3 more.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think my Tucker is the standard 8x6.5 like on pickups. I have not bolted one on but I seem to remember pulling a tape on it while I had my track carriers off. I will check this weekend. What year is your tucker? Mine is 84 with belted tracks.

1544 is 1979/1980 I think and is belted like yours I'm guessing
Thanks

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
Confirmed my 1981 542 with Dana 60 is 8 on 6.5” with 5” center hole in wheel.

046c0c5dd164d4aa95ca1f7aefe0c929.jpg

925d4ce49042d0c4d92f7491ff9bc8ea.jpg

Not the prettiest thing on wheels but drives fine around the yard.

0110b5b7dcb66e3ac1a72a1c2cb83d69.jpg

toyrocs

I know this doesn't help.

Stick a licence plate on it, and use it to go get groceries!

I just couldn't resist. :) :)

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I know this doesn't help.

Stick a licence plate on it, and use it to go get groceries!

I just couldn't resist. :) :)

I can't confirm or deny that has been tried....

It may or may not be really twitchy to operate......

If anyone wonders whether or not your fifth wheel plates , turn plates ect have play in them. feel free to try the above grocery store trip.

My mid to late 70s machine is standard 8 lug with two studs missing......

olympicorange

……. ahhhhh…. the air intake & exhaust pipe was the clue.... nothing like a ''screaming meemee'' …. ear muffs ….. :smile:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks everyone...

Now, onto the research of "removing track carriers" procedures.
Hoping to pull the donor motor out this weekend.

HankScorpio

Thanks everyone...

Now, onto the research of "removing track carriers" procedures.
Hoping to pull the donor motor out this weekend.

I really feel that the hardest part of removing the track carriers is getting the old crusty grease out of the way so you can find the snap ring. Once I got them off the first time it was no big deal anymore.