• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

RIP Super Dave Osborne AKA Bob Einstein

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
https://q107.com/news/4808520/super...sl-kdi3P9mpB67QM56kZ6jSlP0NvZxgvXyn5DTJEjWgqc

Comedy actor Bob Einstein, who famously portrayed accident-prone stuntman Super Dave Osborne and Marty Funkhouser in Curb Your Enthusiasm, has died at the age of 76.

Einstein’s brother, actor-director Albert Brooks, confirmed his death on Twitter Wednesday.

“R.I.P. My dear brother Bob Einstein,” he tweeted. “A brilliantly funny man. You will be missed forever.”

Albert Brooks

@AlbertBrooks
R.I.P. My dear brother Bob Einstein. A great brother, father and husband. A brilliantly funny man. You will be missed forever.

Einstein started his career as a comedy writer in the 1960s before transitioning into acting. He created his optimistic but hard-luck stuntman character, Super Dave, while writing for The John Byner Comedy Hour in 1972, and went on to play the part in several other comedy-show appearances. He eventually spun the character off into his own show in the late 1980s and early ’90s, and has also played the part on various talk shows since then.

Several cast members of Curb Your Enthusiasm also shared their grief over Einstein’s passing on Twitter Wednesday afternoon.

Continued at link

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I enjoyed Super Dave. Always funny. Also enjoyed him in Curb Your Enthusiasm ... but did not realize it was the same guy who played Super Dave Osborne.

Had no clue that he was Mel Brooks brother. I'm shocked.

May you RIP Super Dave.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
I enjoyed Super Dave. Always funny. Also enjoyed him in Curb Your Enthusiasm ... but did not realize it was the same guy who played Super Dave Osborne.

Had no clue that he was Mel Brooks brother. I'm shocked.

May you RIP Super Dave.

Albert Brooks brother ... not Mel Brooks.