• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

75’ Bombi couple questions

Orourkebrad546

Hey fellas, I was wondering if anyone has a set of bare, steering/brake bands for the Bombi, or know where a guy could get a set?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Brad at mn out doors can reline yours and may have a set on the shelf ready to go.

Orourkebrad546

So does that mean MN outdoors is the only place capable or qualified to reline brakes for a Bombi in the world? Besides, I actually only asked about just the bare, unlined bands. So the fact that my Bombi isn’t running that great mean I have to load it up and haul it MN outdoors so they can tune it up too, or is it ok if I try to figure it out?

Taxrulz

I’m quite certain that others are qualified. However, I think that Snowtrac Nome and others have had excellent customer service and/or advice from MN Outdoors—so I’m not why the negative reaction to a helpful suggestion to someone that does a lot of good in the snowcat community.

Orourkebrad546

I’m sure you are correct, but the reply he gave never even addressed my question. I have called MN outdoors, they told me it would take about 3 weeks before I got bands back, and it would cost over $500, which seems completely ridiculous to me when I can get the lining material and rivets for $80, granted it’s not the “Kevlar” stuff they use but has anyone ever tested it to see if there is actually “Kevlar” in them?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Think there is a thread on here about bombi band lining going a homemade route or different material and it didn’t work.

The take away was use the right material and leave it to the pros would have been cheaper in the end.

Orourkebrad546

I am sure that is a very real possibility, but all of the back and forth about re-lining my bands doesn’t exactly address the fact that the bands on my bombi look like the previous owner had a blind piano player try to learn to weld on them and I really just wanted another set of bare bands because whether or not MN outdoors, myself, or someone else relines my bands, I didn’t want to have these one done until I could rehab them.
I’m sorry that I bothered you guys so much by responding negatively to a answer that had nothing to do with my original question. I’ll try to refrain from posting anything on your site from here on out!
Brad

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m sure you are correct, but the reply he gave never even addressed my question. I have called MN outdoors, they told me it would take about 3 weeks before I got bands back, and it would cost over $500, which seems completely ridiculous to me when I can get the lining material and rivets for $80, granted it’s not the “Kevlar” stuff they use but has anyone ever tested it to see if there is actually “Kevlar” in them?

Brad ,

We charge 250 for both bands relined on a Bombi plus shipping of course
It does take some special tools. But we will gladly sell you the material by the foot

Orourkebrad546

Thanks, I’m not sure that why when I called last winter, I was told $250 a side. Whatever the case, the condition of my bands look like they have had some very shoddy repairs attempted on them and I really don’t want them relined until they have been re-repaired properly.
No matter though, I think I’ve decided to just broom it and be done with it, there is just not an abundance of resources I’ve found for info, parts, etc... with the exception of this forum, but it just seems to have Too many illiterate, assbags as members and I don’t think I’m a very good fit.
I’ll pass the info on, if and when I sell it, otherwise I’ll tuck it away in the barn for another 15 years and mess with it then. Good chance at least half of the morons should be dead or homeless by then, and I won’t have to go back and forth over a answer to a question I didn’t even ask.

Brad

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow dude, kinda harsh. You probably won’t have too many people going out of their way to find you what you are looking for with the “you must help me fully and instantly” attitude. The machine is almost 50 years old, stuff gets expensive when it’s scarce. Maybe your description sucked - try asking if anyone has a set of worn out bands that you could buy to re-line yourself because yours have been repaired and aren’t worth re-lining. It is a small community that is more than willing to help, no need for insults. Post a WTB in the classified ad section, that would help too.

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
This snowcat forum http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/forumdisplay.php?f=65 is the place to have your questions answered. There are real people here by choice. I’m not sure about numbers, but maybe fifty people post regularly.
Question mark a thousand visit classifieds.:smile:
I’d bet there’s a good chunk of the visitors that just surf the kick ass snowcat pictures. Everyone likes pictures. I’d like to see one of the bugered up brake bands or a shot of the bombi. There are owners, operators, dealers, mechanics, collectors, restorers you name it, the guys/gals with the parts, the answers. Just be cool and people are cool back. A forum is as good as the people that contribute to it. Post pics, tell stories, ask questions, help out, drive your fricken bombi because it’s awesome, or post it in the classifieds. Those are nice little machines.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
on the west coast I would imagine snow cat pt could do it but he specializes in oc parts and I wouldn't bet the bank he would have good cores.

ezroller

GOLD Site Supporter
Wow! Brad! You must have written the book called, “ How to make friends and influence enemies” ?New cat owner here and have come to find my people! Just reading through every post on here to figure out what I got myself into.

Reactions: PJL