• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 1544 Vickers V20P pump model inquiry

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready for the work on the 1544's engine install finally, need to order the missing hydro pump that was attached originally to the engine.

Per build sheet it was Vickers V20P, after multiple emails with Tucker guys, none have gotten that for me.

Anyone here knows it without breaking an arm & a leg?

Much obliged,

p.s. an example of what I'm looking for

e.i. Hydraulic Pump - Vickers V20P-1P11T-38C4H11

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Thanks Tom,

Honestly, I'm by far not as knowledgeable as some might be here when it comes to this, so I couldnt tell you if that ok or not :(

One of the Tucker Corp guys got back to me today, only telling me this:

"The Vickers V20P 8gal pump is what you need. It should have an 8" pully on it. As far as I know I do not have the pully available. I do have the vickers pump available for 1924.70"

and its about $1700 difference from what you suggested on your link.

So my dilemna is exactly that - since I'm not planning to power any hydralics with this pump such as plow or other accessories, what do I really need, granted it is enough with some extra on a side.

Still "crickets" quiet here...
gonna look at that SnowZilla thread again, may be it will reveal something new after reading it another time, and another time... and another again :) LOL

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I too inherited a tucker sans pump.... I sourced one from a vickers retailer for about 1400 and change, I guess that identifies the dealer mark up.....

If I remember correctly the pump has a priority valve built into it. there was a web site that had a part number breakdown some where.... I did not make notes. I did source the pump from ebay and paid astro hydraulics in Green bay Wi to swap the shaft in it to make is accept the pulley.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I too inherited a tucker sans pump.... I sourced one from a vickers retailer for about 1400 and change, I guess that identifies the dealer mark up.....

If I remember correctly the pump has a priority valve built into it. there was a web site that had a part number breakdown some where.... I did not make notes. I did source the pump from ebay and paid astro hydraulics in Green bay Wi to swap the shaft in it to make is accept the pulley.

as I've been doing research, I've come up with this file (PDF - see attached)

It gives a break down on what model is and why is it for that reason,

anyway, on a 2004 tucker for a example i found this part/model number

Hydraulic Pump - Vickers V20P-1P11T-38C4H11
cleardot.gif

I was quoted $420 :) - without a pulley thou
in any case, i'm having a hard time justifying a hydropump being that spendy even with a dealer mark up.

I'm poor, but got time to research and fab whatever is necessary LOL

Attachments

• V20 M-2004-S.pdf
    973 KB · Views: 142