• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1942 Dodge WC 12 WW 2 Pickup

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Bought this truck in january and after trying to get it shipped to colorado, finally purchased a new trailer in indiana then drove to Kentucky and brought it home. It has kept me busy this winter. Pretty cool old piece of history. Simular to Tuckers but quite different.

Attachments

• 20180329_193404.jpg
    20180329_193404.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 437
  • 20180329_183906.jpg
    20180329_183906.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 404

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Very cool !!!! I always wanted something like that but have settled for a model of a Power Wagon .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is awesome.

Looks like you did a nice job with it. What did you have to do?

Is that the same as the early Power Wagons? Or the predecessor to the Power Wagons? It looks very similar. My daughter had a friend in grade school who's dad had a couple early Power Wagons and I remember wanting something like that in the worst way.

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Melensdad, It is the predessor to the power wagons it is a WC which stands for W= 1941 manufacture date and C stands for 1/2 ton weight rating. Alot of people think WC is the abbreviation for weapons carrier not true. When i got it home i started work on it beginning with tbe brakes new parts to include master cylinder, wheel cylinders, springs all new brake shoes, wheel bearings races and seals. And alot of rust clean up in front and rear diffs. Truck was painted desert sand color, but no stars on truck so i painted them on, powder coated the grill brand new running boards and powder coated black. Also the combat wheels sand blasted and powder coated black and toyota quick sand color rings. Changed all fluids oil ,antifreeze, 80/90 weight. Replaced front and rear drivelines with NOS units from 1940 gov. Surplus .Lots of other detail work and smaller items such as interior parts and pieces, brake and clutch pedal pads etc. etc..Overall the truck is in pretty good shape now. It has a 218 cubic inch chrysler flathead 6 simular to the old tuckers but less power for sure.The tranny is a 4 speed non syncro model and does take a little practice to be proficient at not grinding a gear now and again. Diff gearing is 4.89 ratio. Wanted to restore an old Willys Jeep but wife says everyone has a jeep and suggested a dodge power wagon. I found this truck and fell in love with the sloped Rat nose. The Rest is History!!:clap:

Attachments

• 20180320_171021.jpg
    20180320_171021.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 420
  • 20180316_205307.jpg
    20180316_205307.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 504

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
EastTexFrank, We love this truck. It is a piece of our History! These days with the younger generation trying to distroy our historical land marks and monuments, it makes me ptoud to try and preserve this old ww2 truck. At least for now it has a very good home as anything that is 76 plus years old should. Thank God every day for our Veterans and military personnel. !! :smile:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
EastTexFrank, We love this truck. It is a piece of our History! These days with the younger generation trying to distroy our historical land marks and monuments, it makes me ptoud to try and preserve this old ww2 truck. At least for now it has a very good home as anything that is 76 plus years old should. Thank God every day for our Veterans and military personnel. !! :smile:
the other part that has been popping up in the last year are different states are now banning former military vehicles from operating on the public road ways.

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Great looking old Dodge !

If it was mine I'd have to ruin it by installing a 12 valve cummins and a 6 speed transmission with overdrive...........coupled to the original divorced transfer case of course.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

YUP totally worth the effort.

We need to remember more about our history not wipe it out and flush it away.

This is a rolling reminder to all who see it. Glad you were able to preserve it.