• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mid West Sno(w) cat Clowder 2018 Feb 1-4

Kristi Kt-4

The Skidozer will be there for the Pre-Clowder scouting event on the 20th. I will pack the usual supplies: sea foam, anti-freeze, mechanics wire, chain saw, tow chain, hacksaw, etc....

I plan to be up north for an early am departure.

Kristi KT-4 where would you like to meet on Saturday? Early breakfast/coffee to determine the plan for the day?

Anyone going out on the 21st?

Regards,
100MPH[/QUOTE

An early breakfast/coffee sounds good to me! It doesn't get light here until about 7:30 am or so.... Guessing an early start would mean to meet there at 6:30 am or so?

100MPH

An early breakfast/coffee sounds good to me! It doesn't get light here until about 7:30 am or so.... Guessing an early start would mean to meet there at 6:30 am or so?[/QUOTE]

Searching the inner web I found two places that could be viable for breakfast;

Mike's restaurant opens at 7:00 AM. (This has been very good in the past)

Breakwater restaurant pens at 6:00 AM

Both places are located on US HWY 2 in Ironwood MI

Regards,
100mph

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Flying from Boston to here is much more difficult than I would have expected? Don't think the logistics are going to work out in my favor here....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
there always seem to be a good number of machines show up, professor Gizmo Squirrel is hinting that he has some surprise machines will be attending, last year was good, i really enjoyed the clowder.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
For sure.
the event is a blast, big variety of snow cats to explore with, a great family friendly venue with super cheap chair lifts and rentals.
equidistant, centrally located event with an exceptionally significant amount of snow.

think about this little fact, 25-30% of tuckers annual production is/was sold in Wisconsin and the upper peninsula of Michigan.... tuckers everywhere :whistling: come out and bring a couple home.....

Brainerd is relatively close, so If we need to secure a couple donor cats....., I mean Brad is probably chewing some canned beaver tail in Florida or Arizona, if we bring them back full of gas........:w00t2:

Not all his cats are orange but......

Epic snow year, Great People, get over here and make it more epic(er)

has Brad and or someone from MN Outdoors ever attended the clowder

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Flying from Boston to here is much more difficult than I would have expected? Don't think the logistics are going to work out in my favor here....

The main hubs are:
Chicago (5 hr drive)

Minneapolis (4 hr drive)

Appleton and Green Bay and Wausau are big regionals with dailys out of the Main hubs.

I can grab you (and up to 13 more people) or leave a car for you at Greenbay or Appleton. (hell it might even be a loaded truck and trailer)

Dream big/

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
The main hubs are:
Chicago (5 hr drive)

Minneapolis (4 hr drive)

Appleton and Green Bay and Wausau are big regionals with dailys out of the Main hubs.

I can grab you (and up to 13 more people) or leave a car for you at Greenbay or Appleton. (hell it might even be a loaded truck and trailer)

Dream big/

NOW mr addict, sir.

you have no excuses. see ya at the clowder, or your 500 membership is cancelled and what torpedo???

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
The main hubs are:
Chicago (5 hr drive)

Minneapolis (4 hr drive)

Dream big/

We chose Duluth for the best flight times, shortest drive and price from the left coast.

Man, I wish I had more time off and could drive out with my machine. Flying in still much better than staying home. :thumbup:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
there always seem to be a good number of machines show up, professor Gizmo Squirrel is hinting that he has some surprise machines will be attending, last year was good, i really enjoyed the clowder.

Here is hoping, the calls yesterday involved cones. Hubs. Nuts and alternators..... "doesn't this pontoon just slide off?"

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ironically, today's calls included another Firearm themed Forum Forum member.... He is not in an asylum, He is just trapping and grooming away all alone in the wilds of the eastern UP.

I did my best to pitch the hard sale, Might need a Drifter to make a phone call and extend an invite, You know, a peer to peer conversation might go better than a Gizmo invite...

MN Outdoors:

This year a midwest clowder coordinater who is also a silent member here @ FF has launched a medium to low pressure marketing campaign. Her success has increased exposure and impression points are climbing daily. I received some packages of support in the mail yesterday.

I have been hassling MN O for years about attending and perhaps sponsoring to no avail. this year the tides have turned!

Thanks MN O for the support!!!!!

I am hoping to use the sponsorship to lure a Trapper out of the Wilds of the YOOP, An accomplished Snow cat restorer probably could use some encouragement......

Tiger themed ammunition is the HINT, guess the FF user and win a prize.

Patroller

We chose Duluth for the best flight times, shortest drive and price from the left coast.

Man, I wish I had more time off and could drive out with my machine. Flying in still much better than staying home. :thumbup:

There are daily flights from MSP and Chicago to Ironwood on Air Choice One.

Kristi Kt-4

Ironically, today's calls included another Firearm themed Forum Forum member.... He is not in an asylum, He is just trapping and grooming away all alone in the wilds of the eastern UP.

I did my best to pitch the hard sale, Might need a Drifter to make a phone call and extend an invite, You know, a peer to peer conversation might go better than a Gizmo invite...

MN Outdoors:

This year a midwest clowder coordinater who is also a silent member here @ FF has launched a medium to low pressure marketing campaign. Her success has increased exposure and impression points are climbing daily. I received some packages of support in the mail yesterday.

I have been hassling MN O for years about attending and perhaps sponsoring to no avail. this year the tides have turned!

Thanks MN O for the support!!!!!

I am hoping to use the sponsorship to lure a Trapper out of the Wilds of the YOOP, An accomplished Snow cat restorer probably could use some encouragement......

Tiger themed ammunition is the HINT, guess the FF user and win a prize.

Mr. Sqwrl- Am I allowed to make an edumicated guess? :clap: :idea:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• merbach143.jpg
    merbach143.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 169

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
MN O, sir,

you are far to clever for me, walked right into that one, HUH? had a good laugh, I now have a flock of rubber ducks for my Krisit hot tub...

working on a pink pontoon hot tub

Attachments

• merbach145.jpg
    merbach145.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 260

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok, Pontoon pirate.......better take that patch off your good eye. :yum:

Attachments

• 14049BDD-E749-4663-A37E-0B85076A3C51.jpeg
    14049BDD-E749-4663-A37E-0B85076A3C51.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 255

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
See the real reason I don’t attend to many of these functions is this is the name tag I get

Attachments

• F8EEB22B-088B-4009-B507-3D4FB208E520.jpg
    F8EEB22B-088B-4009-B507-3D4FB208E520.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 244