• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

95 Ford Taurus -HELP!

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter has the car mentioned. Last Friday, she was off to go to her best G/f's BD party. She left, and drove about 2.5 miles. Then, turned around and came back home.
The complaint was that the car had warning lights on and was hot. So I went out and got in, started it up. And the ALT light was lit up, and there was no power steering. So I popped the hood, and saw no belt. Simple. Needs a new belt. The next day, with belt in hand - I went to install it.
I first checked that the idler pulleys were spinning free. DAMN! one was frozen up! Too late to go back to the auto parts store. Then today, I was armed with a new belt and a new idler pully. BUT!~ that dam spring loaded idler arm was frozen. I sprayed it - SOAKED it with WD40 - finally got it to be free enough to tension the thing. Now came the fun part. Getting it set right through all the pulleys. All this time I was out in the drive way.. and it was raining. So there was water all over the engine. When it came time to start the old 95 Ford.. Nothing! Just turned over, but did not run.
I did hit the gas a few times, and got a few cylinders to pop, but never got it to run. When I got back to the engine I smelled gas. Figuring I flooded it - I went and did laundry. Got a can of starting fluid, and spayed some behind the air filter. Nothing! I also cranked it over with the accelerator all the way to the floor. Nothing.

Can anyone here tell me what in the devil happened?
It was running when the belt was off. I put a belt on - and now it wont start.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Moisture in the distributor cap would be one thing to check. See if you have spark at the plugs. possibly got the computer wet and it is killing ignition. What engine is it?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Moisture in the distributor cap would be one thing to check. See if you have spark at the plugs. possibly got the computer wet and it is killing ignition. What engine is it?

Yes Sir! I think you got it. Because overnight it got cold enough to freeze the moisture. It started right up. Then ran a little rough as it warmed up, then ran perfect as before.
The engine is a 3.0 V6 12 valve.

Something I found interesting is that the dash controls have AC - but where the A/C pump should be - is nothing but a dummy pulley. An exact sized pulley.. but it is just a pulley with nothing but a mounting bracket.
And there is a plug in wire that is loose.. with nothing to plug into. Is that possible?

Could the previous owner ditched the A/C pump and did that?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes Sir! I think you got it. Because overnight it got cold enough to freeze the moisture. It started right up. Then ran a little rough as it warmed up, then ran perfect as before.
The engine is a 3.0 V6 12 valve.

Something I found interesting is that the dash controls have AC - but where the A/C pump should be - is nothing but a dummy pulley. An exact sized pulley.. but it is just a pulley with nothing but a mounting bracket.
And there is a plug in wire that is loose.. with nothing to plug into. Is that possible?

Could the previous owner ditched the A/C pump and did that?
Some Fords had a build sheet under the front seat . See if you have one . It will show if AC came on the car

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Some Fords had a build sheet under the front seat . See if you have one . It will show if AC came on the car

Ok.. I pulled out everything from under the front seat.
I found a empty beer can (my daughter don;t drink)
I found a weed pipe (my daughter don't smoke weed)
I found a condom wrapper (my daughter doesn't havesex)
I also found a paper wrapper from Mcdonalds.

Oh is she ever grounded!!!!!!

I told her a thousand times to not eat that crap!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Could the previous owner ditched the A/C pump and did that? That is very possible. As for what you found under the seat you better have a chat with her. Better you found it than a cop.:hammer:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter

Today I decided to unbolt the front seat.
Since I couldn't find the "build sheet" on the floor.
Once I flipped it over.. there it was attached to the bottom of the thing. However I was really surprised it didn't mention anything about the A/C.

It did say something about 100% polyester materials.
:yum::yum::yum:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Today I decided to unbolt the front seat.
Since I couldn't find the "build sheet" on the floor.
Once I flipped it over.. there it was attached to the bottom of the thing. However I was really surprised it didn't mention anything about the A/C.

It did say something about 100% polyester materials.
:yum::yum::yum:

lol:yum: