• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i made a salad w/ chix, 5 kinds of lettuces/greens, bleu cheese, 'lil tomato in various colors, grains (quinoa, farro, etcetera), pencil asparagi, artichokes, peas, english cukes, peppers, feta cheese, etcetera. got tomato/ginger & another type of dressing- pomegranate & another ingredient i cannot think of.

i've also got cheeses (cambazola & vermont cheddar) & a few kinds of fruit to pick over fer dessert. pabst as my beverage.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a Subway combo.
Foot long Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki on white, with lettuce and mayo, with Doritos Jacked 3D Jalapeno tortilla chips and an iced tea.

Tonight, no clue. I am working again and may get takeaway or eat what they serve for dinner. Not all nursing home food is bad. :smile:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicken stir fry over vegetable fried rice.

Also made some rye bread and rye sandwich thins.
rye-thins-052015-jpg.94302
rye-052015-jpg.94303

Attachments

• Dinner 052015.jpg
    Dinner 052015.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have an appointment w/ my GI doctor. my nurse is so buying us lunch. i'll text & let 1 of them know. there's places in that hospital that have okay-ish food. budget cuts mean a chitty menu these daze. sometimes, anyhow.
if i guide them thru hidden tunnels, (they have hidden tunnels-- u hafta be great @ navigation to use them, & they're generally not fer non-patients) we could get to 1 hospital dinner-place, where they usually have a rather decent selection of items. i could take a grilled cheese & veggies, a whole milk, w/ fro-yo fer dessert.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
joe, i luv that cabernet. cheap, yet delicious. my wine teacher suggests that. nom.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
joe, i luv that cabernet. cheap, yet delicious. my wine teacher suggests that. nom.
I don't drink wine, so I can't say if it's good or not. It's left from a party and I use it for deglazing pans when I seer meat. Makes for a nice flavor in the gravy.

Umberto

Tonight it's BLT's with free range bacon from the CSA. It's just smoked and no heavy salt. The roast tasted like wild boar so this should be interesting.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
We had company for dinner tonight, so I made spaghetti squash lasagna with turkey sausage and roasted zucchini strips. The squash replaces the usual pasta noodles, and helps keep down the calorie count. Everyone loved it.

dinner-052115-1-jpg.94311
dinner-052115-2-jpg.94312
dinner-052115-3-jpg.94313

Leni

I made cilantro chicken on the grill the other day. Had a busy day today so the leftovers will be dinner tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Since I had a generous slice of breakfast pizza this morning (sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese) I opted for a lighter dinner this evening.
Baked hasselback potato with butter and seasoned salt, and a simple salad of romaine, chopped walnuts and sugar mayo dressing.

Umberto

Last night was a BLT with Old Dutch Ketchup flavoured potato chips from Canada, on the side.

Tonight I'll spatchcock a chick or may just do pieces. I dunno?

FullSizeRender_6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
high-end, tonite. generic cereal & organic horizons milk. could be vanilla. or could be plain.
we'll see- i'm being a rebel, as per usual.:flowers:

Umberto

I got some skinless breast and will do them over the coals with cherry and alder for smoke, beet tops and a spring salade will be on the side - going back to the paleo thing.

Umberto

Tonight it's kumamoto oysters on the half shell and an Asian chicken, pepper, scallion, and pepper sir fry in fresh spinach cups.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Dinner on the deck baby!

Attachments

• DSC02406.JPG
    DSC02406.JPG
    349.7 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02407.JPG
    DSC02407.JPG
    336.3 KB · Views: 97

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Dinner in the house, baby. :yum: It was raining like crazy when the food was done.

Pan grilled medallions of pork tenderloin, home fries and mixed steamed veggies.

Attachments

• Dinner 052715.jpg
    Dinner 052715.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 203

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice JEV, but hot dogs at 3,800 ft. trump medallions in the rain. I’ll give you extra points for the steamed veggies but even that won’t get you over the “hot dogs at height" hump… :smile:

Umberto

Yesterday I grilled 96 hotdogs and 75 burgers at church. I enjoyed the hotdog I had but don't care if I see a burger for awhile.

Last night I had Alaska razor clams for an appy and grilled Copper River King with fingerling potatoes and steamed veg at Salty's in Redondo Beach.

I never did get a money shot of a burger or hotdog.

IMG_5178.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_5190.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Umberto

I got a new Weber for this church soiree and after dinner told the vicar about it, she said she would have come out and blessed my grill had she known. I laughed. It's a big short for me and am going to look into have a taller one custom built and know of a guy who does them. I'd like a smoke box on the side for smoking cheese and fish - something like JEV's but bigger.

IMG_1244.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
China Buffet made my dinner tonight. The Mrs is dining with my cousin the going shopping. Good deal for both of us, since she doesn't like Chinese food.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sore from tilling the garden beds, got 1/2 of them done, did a bunch of other stuff too, so I opened a bag of POPCORN CHICKEN that I found while freezer diving and I have a GINGER ALE to wash them down.

Bourbon later. I'm really sore.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Shredded beef sandwich with ketchup and that wonderful broccoli, onion and raisin salad that I so love.
That was my dinner I had at work.
I tend to pick and choose items from the 1st and 2nd choice on the menu.
Those two were the only things I fancied today.