• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cowboys victim of horrible call in playoffs

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Maybe it's Karma since Detroit was victim in the same regard when they played the Cowboys a week ago.

To me, the Detroit picked up flag, seemed more reasonable than this horrible call against Dallas. Dez Bryant did not bobble the ball. He had control all the way down, yet they ruled it incomplete. Bizarre.

What do you think?

more info and a slow motion replay loop at:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...utes-of-playoff-game-wasnt-a-catch-after-all/

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
I think the cowboys got a little pay back from the bad calls the Lions got when they played. Karma is a bitch! :yum:

k-dog

Cowboys are my team and I felt it was a bad call but there were several other horrible calls during the same going against both teams. I don't understand why they mess with the officiating crews during playoffs when they have their crews they work with all year long. It makes no sense.

As far as the call I can't see how it could be overturned as there has to be indisputable evidence to overturn the call. It it was ruled complete it should have been kept complete and if it was ruled incomplete it should have stayed that way as the video evidence wasn't enough in either direction. Then again if Dez would have been worried about the first down instead of stretching out trying to score it would be a mute point.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Full disclosure, I am not a football fan. When I first saw the play I couldn't see any good reason that it would not be a completed pass. I then read the rule. Evidently, when he went down the ball was on the ground with his hand above it. IE: "He" did not contain the ball. Then the ball moved a bit. You can see that in the view from the sideline. In my uneducated opinion. It was a good call. Some of the former and management refs agree with a caveat that the call was correct, the rule is flawed.

k-dog

Full disclosure, I am not a football fan. When I first saw the play I couldn't see any good reason that it would not be a completed pass. I then read the rule. Evidently, when he went down the ball was on the ground with his hand above it. IE: "He" did not contain the ball. Then the ball moved a bit. You can see that in the view from the sideline. In my uneducated opinion. It was a good call. Some of the former and management refs agree with a caveat that the call was correct, the rule is flawed.

The key to the call is whether or not it is a catch. The definition of a catch is basically two feet down (there are technicalities that aren't important to this play) plus control of the ball which is further defined as making a "football move". When you put all of that together the key is was Dez turning his body and stretching the ball out over the goal line a football move. If so then it would have been a fumble that he recovered. I've watched many of the Cowboys games this year and Dez has made crazy catches as he has such strong hands.
Like I said before I can't see how there was conclusive evidence to overturn the call of high is required on instant replay. I guess as Jason Garrett, coach of cowboys said, sometimes the calls go for you and other times they don't.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah! I heard all that. In the clip that Doc posted just as the video cuts off, it looks like the ball is coming loose.

I suppose I am too old school. I remember when the ref / umpire "called it as they saw it" and that was it. It was a better game then. Too much money at stake for that, I suppose. Sorry for the sarcasm.

Ironman

fuck the cowgirlz

it really is that simple. The rule was made before the game was played. Rodgers beat the cowgirls, period. :wink: deal with it. Wash the sand out of your v*gina and deal with it bitches. :biggrin:

#Packer nation :mrgreen: