• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Looking at tractors today

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
I was nosing about at work a bit today, found a Simplicity catalogue. Boy are they nice, especially the Legacy XL series
Anybody own one of them, anybody looked at them?
I can see these as being a real contender to Kubota BX series, not so much as a mini TLB, but as a fully functional garden tractor

No idea what they cost in the US but the catalogue listed them as £13000 (~$20000) with the loader, kicks Kubota right up the :whistle: pricewise. Looks to be decent quality too.
Simplicity Legacy XL

Also spotted a Westwood brochure, featuring their new 4WD version, list was £4000 (~$6500) inc VAT, mower and various fancy bits (operator panel, tilt light meter thingy, lots of cool dials and lights, hydro, thingy to stop wheels scuffing (like Kubota bi-speed turn))
Now that is VERY cheap, would be interested to see what the quality is like.
I dont think Westwood is available in the US, its made in the UK, for the UK market (its collection is designed to collect wet grass)
Westwood, the 4WD isnt on there yet, I dont think its out yet :(

I figure things to be about 1/2 the price in the US, comparing prices, whats the price of a Simp Legacy with loader in the US?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I've looked at the Legacy tractors and was not impressed.

They are a large garden tractor, for lack of a better discription, where the BX is a small farm tractor. Yes, they are similar in size, but, not construction. Also, they were more expensive than the Kubota where I looked (Legacy - diesel vs Kubota BX2230 both with FEL and MMM).

skinderflirt

I was nosing about at work a bit today, found a Simplicity catalogue. Boy are they nice, especially the Legacy XL series
Anybody own one of them, anybody looked at them?
I can see these as being a real contender to Kubota BX series, not so much as a mini TLB, but as a fully functional garden tractor

No idea what they cost in the US but the catalogue listed them as £13000 (~$20000) with the loader, kicks Kubota right up the :whistle: pricewise. Looks to be decent quality too.
When I priced them:
Legacy XL $21500 .
Kubota BX23 $15500.
About every extra for a Legacy XL is an extra cost option where as it's standard on the bx23.
The Legacy XL is a GT while the BX23 is a S-Cut.
contender /hardly !

Last edited:

skinderflirt

I've looked at the Legacy tractors and was not impressed.

They are a large garden tractor, for lack of a better discription, where the BX is a small farm tractor. Yes, they are similar in size, but, not construction. Also, they were more expensive than the Kubota where I looked (Legacy - diesel vs Kubota BX2230 both with FEL and MMM).
Youre exactly right on your assessment.

However the Legacy XL like the JD X400- 700 is peferect for those who wish to spend tons more on a garden tractor than the cost of a sub compact or compact.