• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TC29D Temp Gauge

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My TC29D temp gauge has decided to move up to the hot position at start up. As the tractor warms up it moves back to a normal operating position. But when the tractor is cold or if I move outside where it really is cold it will move up to the hot position again.

Went to the dealer yesterday to get a new sensor and he does not think it is the sensor but more than likely a shorted wire. If not a shorted wire then possibly the gauge itself. I hate it if it is the gauge because then the whole module has to be changed and then I start over on hours again.

Anyone have any ideas, I did tighten up the connection, and even with the wire off the sensor it stills shows hot which could mean there is a short in the wire.

murph

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Murph, I think do the sensor change out first, they DO go bad. I'm ordering the thrid transtemp sensor for my truck tommorrow. If that gauge shows hot with the wire disconnected from the sensor, I think that might be it. You could always return the sensor if that's not the problem, and then check for a lose or corroded connection on the gauge. Hope that helps.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
johnday said:
........... You could always return the sensor if that's not the problem, and then check for a lose or corroded connection on the gauge. Hope that helps.

In most instances electrical parts are not returnable. I would check first before purchasing any electrical item. Ask the dealer if he can squeeze it in under the factory warranty. If the part is prone to defects, then there might be a "hidden" warranty policy...

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Murph...........The guage in my TC40D does the same thing except it goes to cold & stays there. It's not the sending unit on mine. I'm going to install a 2'' autometer mechanical guage in mine & be done with it. They run about $25-35 from summit or jegs, depending how fancy you wanna get.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Murph,

Have you put an ohmmeter across the sensor?

It doesn't sound like a short to me since the gauge corrects itself once warmed up. A short doesn't care what the temp is...